The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

3/21/23
b3e3779cfb04aa033c4444099b5fc4d9f628e004

The Divine Comedy - Casanova

Allmusic Review

RIYL

Thanks, I hate it!

Catching up.

Portishead - Dummy: Great album by a band with a very distinct and unique sound. Had basically just heard the singles before, but the whole album still brought back some nostalgic memories. Score: 4 stars

"Rust never sleeps": One of the best rock albums ever recorded. Score: 5 stars.

The Divine Comedy - "Casanova": Yeah...not my thing. Although I think it's meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek? Still....no. Score: 1 star

Last edited:
3/21/23
b3e3779cfb04aa033c4444099b5fc4d9f628e004

The Divine Comedy - Casanova

Allmusic Review

RIYL

I've come across them online from time to time, but never bothered to listen. It's not doing anything for me. It's not causing revulsion, but this has not enticed me to ever listen to anything else of theirs on purpose. 1.5/5

Man, I'm at 33 Neil releases (Vinyl, I don't catalog the rest), y'all are impressive.

View attachment 169925

Now bootlegs, back in the CD trading days i had Neil boots coming through the mail on a daily basis. I've probably got 2-3 shoeboxes full of Neil bootlegs. Favorite of all of them is A Perfect Echo if you can search it out, 10 discs of soundboard quality performances over the years.

Sadly, I only catalogue vinyl as well.

And boots? I'm a taper. You know what kinda shape I'm in.

Not ashamed.

Back