The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I loved his art on Daredevil: Yellow and Spider-man: Blue. RIP

clean.jpg

3e7761879a539c2149c7daa9b6e5881a.jpg

Doctor Strange was kinda bold, yeah? The second half was Raimi tossing his toys around the sandbox with no fucks given. That's the kind of stuff I'm here for, to be honest.

Unfortunately, I think we're at a point with these movies that they're always going to feel like part 52 of a story we're not caught up on. There could've been an excellent origin story ahead of the Madness, but we were just sort of thrown into everything.

Am I the only one that feels the MCU is expanding too quickly? They're building a discount Avengers team (Dark Avengers? Thunderbolts?) a multiverse, a skrull invasion, gods, gods and other gods. It has to all come falling down. Kang seems like a good opportunity for a hard reset (I do NOT mean reboot). Hell, if Marvel let Galactus feed, that would be something. Out with the 616, in with the 1610.

I haven't watched Morbius. I'm gonna grab a bootleg VHS and watch it as it was meant to be watched.

Ms. Marvel is fantastic. This is the one Marvel show that's felt like a show and not a chopped up movie. I'm glad they haven't mentioned Inhumans, but I guess it's still early. Either way, this series isn't getting the views it deserves.

Finished movie #10 The Winter Soldier.
The action scenes were pretty good, but there’s something about Steve Rogers that bores me. Not sure if it’s the character or Evans, so I call him Captain Blahmerica.

5 of the first 10 were first time views for me. The One Shots are a lot of fun! Nice touch to add those.

Finished movie #10 The Winter Soldier.
The action scenes were pretty good, but there’s something about Steve Rogers that bores me. Not sure if it’s the character or Evans, so I call him Captain Blahmerica.

5 of the first 10 were first time views for me. The One Shots are a lot of fun! Nice touch to add those.

So many friends of mine have the Captain America movies as their favorite Marvel flicks but to me they're all incredibly boring.

So many friends of mine have the Captain America movies as their favorite Marvel flicks but to me they're all incredibly boring.

Yeah, even when I was reading comics the character never grabbed me. Of the 2 that I’ve seen, I enjoyed the first one more because of Red Skull and Agent Carter. Winter Soldier was mostly for the story line.
The Guardians movies are my favorite so I’m glad they’re up next.

I really enjoyed most of Dr. Strange In the Multiverse of Madness. The main gripe is that

There is a such a huge disconnect of Wanda's characterization between this and WandaVision. Sure, it wasn't like she completely reformed at the end of WV (she did trap Agatha in a mental hell, basically) but I would've liked a little more of her being corrupted by the Darkhold in the film.

Harley Quinn season 3 has finally been announced for July. No air date yet but I'm glad we finally heard something about it. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet it's on HBO max. I think the first couple episodes of S1 are a bit rough (they try too hard to be adult and edgy) but then it gets going and is great. Season 2 is even better.

I really enjoyed most of Dr. Strange In the Multiverse of Madness. The main gripe is that

There is a such a huge disconnect of Wanda's characterization between this and WandaVision. Sure, it wasn't like she completely reformed at the end of WV (she did trap Agatha in a mental hell, basically) but I would've liked a little more of her being corrupted by the Darkhold in the film.

If characterization is an issue for you, don't think about Chavez too hard. She's barely a character. She could've been a portal gun and the movie wouldn't be much different. We should be more upset about this.

Harley Quinn season 3 has finally been announced for July. No air date yet but I'm glad we finally heard something about it. If anyone hasn't checked it out yet it's on HBO max. I think the first couple episodes of S1 are a bit rough (they try too hard to be adult and edgy) but then it gets going and is great. Season 2 is even better.
I'm excited for this one. It took me a couple times before I got past those first few episodes, but once it hits it's stride it's fantastic!

Back