Vinyl Me Please Anthology

What's crazy is they could've sold this at a normal price, and pressed more units and there would've been a very rare chance this would not have sold out, but instead the pressed a limited enough quantity to stoke that FOMO and charge an arm and a leg for it.

Plus shipping as an international. That's some wild, wild pricing right there.
Yeah, I never factored that in but it's definitely pushing those records into the $100+ category for Canadians, which I have maybe payed like 3-4x for a record in my life, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that these are records I would not pay that much for.

Yeah, I never factored that in but it's definitely pushing those records into the $100+ category for Canadians, which I have maybe payed like 3-4x for a record in my life, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that these are records I would not pay that much for.
Quick bit of maths but about £66 per album for the euros which is $85 per record.

And I still think this will sell out

Quick bit of maths but about £66 per album for the euros which is $85 per record.

And I still think this will sell out
Yes, it likely will because they made it limited enough to put FOMO into overdrive.
Like, $40 per record I would've probably taken a hard look at it, and if you pressed a ton more at that price it likely would've still sold out. This is insanity.

It’s mostly emoji vomit and best thing ever.
I can imagine, and this shit is making me really lean towards never subbing for VMP again.
Insane pricing that is only getting more insane each year, and enough people convincing themselves that it's okay because it's a collectors item.

Another thing that hasn’t been mentioned here is PayPal is currently not available on VMP’s site for some reason. So folks who might’ve used something like PayPal Credit’s no interest for 6 months plan are SoL at the moment.
Maybe PayPal is like you guys sure do refund a lot of money… maybe we shouldn’t be doing business with you?

It really isn’t. Pretty lukewarmish over the price, tbh. Maybe not as angry or bitter as over here with the N&G crew but definitely not people jumping for joy at dropping over $300 for five albums.
@Ghost ’s question seemed more general but was provoked by this. I stand by the majority of comments over there are emoji vomit best thing Eva. Hell there are people that say the weird ass nonesuch roll out was the best thing they’ve ever done.

Back