Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Well they are doing 5 more def jam titles in ROTM so it’s kinda what they are doing anyway hah. I kinda doubt they do a Parton type sub again. They seem to have a lot of the stock on hand still
That's kind of their own fault since it was a closed subscription and they could have pressed to the number of subs. Or they could have let people swap to it from the other subs. Lots of ways to not have a glut of stock.

That's kind of their own fault since it was a closed subscription and they could have pressed to the number of subs. Or they could have let people swap to it from the other subs. Lots of ways to not have a glut of stock.
This exactly. The whole roll out of that sub was confusing and full of usual VMP ambiguities. I’m not the biggest fan of her music, so I’m glad I didn’t feel the need to subscribe. There’s so many other ways they could have made a sub that people would have signed up for and not dealt with stock issues.

Well they are doing 5 more def jam titles in ROTM so it’s kinda what they are doing anyway hah. I kinda doubt they do a Parton type sub again. They seem to have a lot of the stock on hand still

How much were Partons? I wish they kept releasing Def Jam titles instead of a box. Add an OBI a make it a Anthology if you want. IMO some of the best DJ records are already out anyway.

How much were Partons? I wish they kept releasing Def Jam titles instead of a box. Add an OBI a make it an Anthology if you want. IMO some of the best DJ records are already out anyway.
Think they were regular monthly price with the discounts per how many months you signed up for?

Can’t remember how far in advance the Dolly membership was on sale for before titles came out. VMP seems to be leaning much more on “pressed to order” lately but based on people’s comments, many people see hesitant to give up their money for a 6-7 month wait for press to order.

They made tons of fuck ups on that sub though. Saying it would never be available outside of the sub has people rightfully upset with how the whole thing rolled out. I think most if not all titles were available as 40% off at some point in store.

I really hate the “buy now cry later” sales method a bunch of companies use. VMP’s “this will never be repressed again” schtick is the boy who cried wolf to me now. There have been at least 5 titles Storf said were never being repressed that got a repress.

Last edited:
Really feels like they should've gotten at least one more album, maybe two for this set, especially for what the presumed asking price is gonna be. I'd pay a premium for most of those albums, but not $60 per LP.

Yeah I'm on the fence. I think I might be in at anything $250 or lower, but essentially out at anything higher.... $275 is probably my absolute max when FOMO sets in.

I'm guessing its going to be $300 for members, $350 for non-members, and something like $275 for members with an additional early bird discount. I'd probably still budge at $275 but I think I'm out above that.

$350 for non-members would be absolute insanity for 5 albums, though.

Yeah, not at that price thank you very much.

Back