Vinyl Me Please Anthology

It is for many people the moment they sold out.
I hate the term selling out, but for me there's definitely a fantastic three album run, bookended by a "decent enough" album.
Like, good enough for me to own, and put on every now and then, but I will always go back to MoP, RTL and AJFA any day of the week.

I hate the term selling out, but for me there's definitely a fantastic three album run, bookended by a "decent enough" album.
Like, good enough for me to own, and put on every now and then, but I will always go back to MoP, RTL and AJFA any day of the week.
I said for many people…. I actually like everything they’ve done except for Loaded, Reloaded, St Anger and I’ve never actually listened to Lulu.

They’re doing the story of what Def Jam would let them do.
Oh I get it and obviously I can only speak for myself as a consumer and what I will and will not buy. I bought the Turntable Lab version of the Stones Throw Box Set which had Donuts and Madvillain. I already had both but wanted to see if these were more definitive versions, I also got 2 records I didn't previously. Say this was made with the definitive version of Public Enemy's It Takes A Nation..., that's more of a sell to me than what they're presenting. Same with EPMD. No LL Cool J, the guy who got the whole label going? Run DMC, I get that omission. You can get MOFI versions of their stuff.

This just feels like leftovers. It's not even as good as the Stax set which at least had huge releases by Sam and Dave, Otis Redding, and the Bar Kays. There's a market for that but I guess you get what Def Jam will give you.

Yeah they priced me out. I don't love any of these albums for $70 a piece. The box set is cool in general, so I hope it sells out and pushes more hip hop content, just not at these prices.

Maybe I'm misremembering it but I swore Storf said in the discord that it was going to be at or below $300. And then the price comes out higher and his response today was "it's priced this way because it had to be". I take that as Def Jam charged them an arm and a leg to license these, but idk. Seems weird to me.

Yeah they priced me out. I don't love any of these albums for $70 a piece. The box set is cool in general, so I hope it sells out and pushes more hip hop content, just not at these prices.

Maybe I'm misremembering it but I swore Storf said in the discord that it was going to be at or below $300. And then the price comes out higher and his response today was "it's priced this way because it had to be". I take that as Def Jam charged them an arm and a leg to license these, but idk. Seems weird to me.
Feel like its less def jam and more they're making the consumer pay for their pressing plant fiasco.

Back