Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I just got the promotional email:
"VMP has partnered with DJR on I Need a Beat: 40 Years of Def Jam Recordings, a 5-album, 9-LP box set that tells slivers of the Def Jam Recordings story."

Missed opportunity to call this "The Slivers of the Def Jam Recordings Story".

Or "A Random and Fragmented History of Def Jam Recordings".

I just got the promotional email:
"VMP has partnered with DJR on I Need a Beat: 40 Years of Def Jam Recordings, a 5-album, 9-LP box set that tells slivers of the Def Jam Recordings story."

Missed opportunity to call this "The Slivers of the Def Jam Recordings Story".

Or "A Random and Fragmented History of Def Jam Recordings".
"Gaps In Time, the VMP Def Jam Anthology"

I also think Master of Puppets was where they peaked. I love AJFA but it is too long and full of hubris.
AJFA also has the misfortune of the bass guitar sounding something like a middle school theater student flexing a piece of sheet metal to simulate thunder.

But more on topic, obviously the price is ridiculous, but getting the license for Scarface - The Fix and putting it in a limited box set is a crime. That record should be in Essentials, or at the very least a RHH pick.

The subreddit and the discord are like polar opposites. Reddit is overly negative, and discord is overly positive.
This is far and away the most negative I've seen VMP on a release. Not a single FOMO comment.

Usually you'll get a few randos like "I COPPED!". This whole post is basically people telling VMP to get fucked.

I really can't see how you tell "The story of Def Jam" in 5 records unless they are all compilations of like the 80's to the present? No one is paying that kind of money for comps though!

I don't care what people spend their money on and if this makes you happy by all means buy it and play the shit out of it, more power to you, for me it's just not worth it at that price, call it a Def Jam bundle and charge $35 a pop and now I'm interested

They are saying how they want this to be a "premium experience" and how storf tried to play for a more obscure mix (including the 5 def jam ROTMS were getting)... I just wanted only one of these records and now I am used to get a shitty picture disc for this
The problem is that Storf is an idiot. And a premium hotdog is still made up of beaks and anuses.

They are saying how they want this to be a "premium experience" and how storf tried to play for a more obscure mix (including the 5 def jam ROTMS were getting)... I just wanted only one of these records and now I am used to get a shitty picture disc for this
FWIW, Big Fish Theory sounds quite good for a picture disc. Just make sure to scrap the PVC cover.

It's also pretty annoying since it's a 2LP at under 30 minutes, but it's also probably why it sounds good. I can't tell where they plan to press this, but if it's GZ, I don't know that GZ + 1LP is going to be a clear-cut better sounding record.

Beat the dead horse all you want. Nothing wrong with that. But some people reading this will buy it so I mentioned it.

Like I said. I bought it because I used a 20% off code making it under $300
Yup. People will buy it. It's their cash (and yours in this case) so let them go at it. If you enjoy the records then it's money well spent. But in this particular case though it's an absolute shit ton of money that's probably (i.e. definitely) been disproportionately charged. But you know... Happiness has a cost...

He wanted it to be more obscure? And premium? lol

Yup. People will buy it. It's their cash (and yours in this case) so let them go at it. If you enjoy the records then it's money well spent. But in this particular case though it's an absolute shit ton of money that's probably (i.e. definitely) been disproportionately charged. But you know... Happiness has a cost...
This.
Like, nobody's making fun of you for spending the money, but it is definitely a price gouge.
I'd argue that even with that discount code it's still a rip off.

If you have the money, want this and don't feel ripped off for spending it then you're a better (or richer) person than I. Most definitely richer.

Back