Vinyl Me Please Classics

According to some guy on discord, the 1990s album is
Bill Frisell – Have A Little Faith

Never heard of it but the three comments on its discogs page are from people clamoring for a vinyl release so... yay?

What the fuck am I listening to.

Edit: why is there a 10-minute-long Madonna cover

Edit 2: why is the 10-minute-long Madonna cover REALLY FUCKING GOOD???

Last edited:
What the fuck am I listening to.

Edit: why is there a 10-minute-long Madonna cover

Edit 2: why is the 10-minute-long Madonna cover REALLY FUCKING GOOD???
Yeah it was 100% confirmed by one of employees during the Friday Q&A. Everyone was very pleased, but I took with pinch of salt, everyone is also super delighted with Gus Cannon.
Although I think they could release a pressing of Milli Vanillis 90s comeback album and get a positive response from Discord.

Bill Frisell is an interesting pick, this album not so much. I would have loved them to release the covers album he did with Petra Haden.

It does have some genuinely good songs (I wasn’t joking about the Madonna cover) and it doing some weird Billy the Kid concept suite for the first half of the album is certainly a choice… but as a whole I don’t think it’s for me.

Can’t really criticize them for going outside of the box, especially when I’m hyped for the Abdul-Malik album coming next month. Different strokes and all that.

It does have some genuinely good songs (I wasn’t joking about the Madonna cover) and it doing some weird Billy the Kid concept suite for the first half of the album is certainly a choice… but as a whole I don’t think it’s for me.

Can’t really criticize them for going outside of the box, especially when I’m hyped for the Abdul-Malik album coming next month. Different strokes and all that.
I’m weirdly hyped for both. Both are out there (I admittedly get how Frissell might be a bridge too far for many).

I think that this move signals more of the core old school mission of VMP. I'm not currently a member but stuff like this does give me an itch. As a big Frisell fan, I'd say that it's not top five (I definitely lean towards his experimental/avant side) but this is I'd say the best with this group. If you don't want to listen to "No Moe" on repeat, you are half dead. Also, I'm down with anything that includes Joey Baron. Thumbs up from me.

Side note: where can I find any of this discussion on discord? If this is where they are heading, I wonder if I should re-up.

I think that this move signals more of the core old school mission of VMP. I'm not currently a member but stuff like this does give me an itch. As a big Frisell fan, I'd say that it's not top five (I definitely lean towards his experimental/avant side) but this is I'd say the best with this group. If you don't want to listen to "No Moe" on repeat, you are half dead. Also, I'm down with anything that includes Joey Baron. Thumbs up from me.

Side note: where can I find any of this discussion on discord? If this is where they are heading, I wonder if I should re-up.
In the classics aka jbFS thread

Back