Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Q4:
Rarest album they ever did, the opposite of electronic music, bit of oral history... the major guess is this
CCR: Willie and the Poor Boys
2009 indie album

also a 2005 indie rock album is coming

Give me Mews ‘No More Stories’ for the 2009 indie pick please. Also some really good choices for 2005 as well

There’s a 2009 US indie record in existence that hasn’t already been a VMP essentials AoTM? Wild!

Given what’s been released and that this is Essentials, I’d think the 2009 Indie Album is either Animal Collective’s Merriweather Post Pavilion or Yeah Yeah Yeah’s It’s Blitz. If not those, maybe St. Vincent’s Actor or The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. Perhaps the first Girls album as a curveball.

If they have any cojones, the 2005 will be The Hold Steady/Separation Sunday and 2009 will be Dinosaur Jr./ Farm .

But that's probably too much chaos and big muff fuzz pedal for VMP Essentials.

So my money is on 2005 being Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah/Self-Titled and 2009 Florence + The Machine/Lungs.

If they have any cojones, the 2005 will be The Hold Steady/Separation Sunday and 2009 will be Dinosaur Jr./ Farm .

But that's probably too much chaos and big muff fuzz pedal for VMP Essentials.

So my money is on 2005 being Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah/Self-Titled and 2009 Florence + The Machine/Lungs.
Farm could absolutely use a good pressing and is one of their best albums, so that would be awesome.

Back