Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That is one horrible record that no one except JD Vance is clamoring for.
It’s an incredible decision. Having scaled back the subs by culling two entire genres that’s the best they could come up with? That shit wouldn’t even sell out as a limited run. And if they’ve moved all the rock and country subs into essentials when they drop that then they’re going to be left with an absolute ton of them.

With exception of a small few I reckon that anyone who streams that before swaps is closed is ditching it.

It’s an incredible decision. Having scaled back the subs by culling two entire genres that’s the best they could come up with? That shit wouldn’t even sell out as a limited run. And if they’ve moved all the rock and country subs into essentials when they drop that then they’re going to be left with an absolute ton of them.

With exception of a small few I reckon that anyone who streams that before swaps is closed is ditching it.
re-posting this gem from the announcement:

Essentials: We plan to focus Essentials on records that are truly essential to the modern vinyl collection

starting to wonder if they know what the word Essential means. or the word Truly. or the word Focus.

october gus cannon, november CCR, december neon indian

God that’s a 0/3 for me. Annoying I was hoping for at least 1. I mean I will give Neon Indian a listen but on a quick fly thru , not overwhelmed. I have till December and will swap or use credit by hook or bycrook for a clean break.
My return has not been a disaster given the 8 freebies and fact i sold a few and got some additional credit added to fuck ups.
But I 100% now know they don’t curate for my tastes anymore. I can’t even spend my credits with current stock options.

God that’s a 0/3 for me. Annoying I was hoping for at least 1. I mean I will give Neon Indian a listen but on a quick fly thru , not overwhelmed. I have till December and will swap or use credit by hook or bycrook for a clean break.
My return has not been a disaster given the 8 freebies and fact i sold a few and got some additional credit added to fuck ups.
But I 100% now know they don’t curate for my tastes anymore. I can’t even spend my credits with current stock options.
I’ll swap for CCR probably depending on what the other ones are. @duke86fan any word on whatever they call classics now and hip
Hop?

october gus cannon, november CCR, december neon indian
Depending on which Neon Indian, that's potentially exciting, but probably not for many and certainly not at the VMP price point. I was at their first live show when it was still a joint musical/visual collaboration. Lots of fun in a small venue, but I doubt it'll be a big draw for the majority of subscribers.

Depending on which Neon Indian, that's potentially exciting, but probably not for many and certainly not at the VMP price point. I was at their first live show when it was still a joint musical/visual collaboration. Lots of fun in a small venue, but I doubt it'll be a big draw for the majority of subscribers.

I tried to find Psychic Chasms for a gift and it was just out of budget. Imagine that being the pick and getting it right before a repress from vmp

Back