Vinyl Me Please Essentials

January is broadcast tender buttons..

the back of the magazine is a pic of trish keenan and its a 2005 album
Excellent album. The issue is this album is readily available and their label, Warp already does a great job on vinyl releases, so you can already get an excellent copy of this album relatively easily for half the price of a VNP subscription.

i dunno why because they seem PERFECT for me (electronic influenced dream pop, sounds perfect for me), but I tried their first album and I listened to some singles and I dunno why but I never was able to find that moment that clicks with me... its similar with stereolab for me... i need to give them a deep dive but I dunno what I want..

and at the VMP tax they better have some BIG additions beyond just barry grint/cecily mastering and a color change

Honestly

I feel guilty for leaking this into to you guys because it was found from someone on the discord reading the magazine and I feel like I'm betraying one group of people I like (you may dislike it but I find appreciation in talking to them). And I wonder if I should be kicked out or something for leaking this even though it was just info from the magazine

Honestly

I feel guilty for leaking this into to you guys because it was found from someone on the discord reading the magazine and I feel like I'm betraying one group of people I like (you may dislike it but I find appreciation in talking to them). And I wonder if I should be kicked out or something for leaking this even though it was just info from the magazine
if it's in the magazine it's not exactly a secret though

Honestly

Don’t worry Dukey. You are promoting the service as much as anything else.

Honestly

I wouldn’t worry about it. What are they going to do? Arrest you for smoking?

Honestly

Can't control your feelings, but there are plenty of people in both areas. There's no betrayal. You're a great person and an asset to both N&G and the Discord.

i dunno if i really want the broadcast album anyway... when I heard this was one of the best dream pop albums and mixed electronic with more dreamy elements I imagined it being kinda like sweet trips shoegazy beauty rather than this kinda more obtuse and less accessible stuff broadcast kinda sounds like, the vocals are more dissonant and the guitars and electronics aren't melding more like 2 different instruments.. basically it felt more like a nightmare than a sweet dream... and I kinda am interested in it but its a little hard for VMP tax

Last edited:
i dunno if i really want the broadcast album anyway... when I heard this was one of the best dream pop albums and mixed electronic with more dreamy elements I imagined it being kinda like sweet trips shoegazy beauty rather than this kinda more obtuse and less accessible stuff broadcast kinda sounds like, the vocals are more dissonant and the guitars and electronics aren't melding more like 2 different instruments.. basically it felt more like a nightmare than a sweet dream... and I kinda am interested in it but its a little hard for VMP tax
Dream Pop is an overused style descriptor.

You could instead pick up a non-VMP copy for half the price, it wouldn’t be nearly the investment.

Back