Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I dunno with this lol I cant remember a single track from N.E.R.D. that wasnt trash.

@NathanRicaud tell me its good please PLEASE otherwise I am going to be lost on this one lol
Im unfortunately not feeling this pick! It’s such a disappointing pick to be honest! It just doesn’t have the tasteful charm of their debut or the creative edgy-ness Of Seeing Sounds. The music on Fly or Die sounds quite contrived, a bit artificial and formulaic. The instrumentals are pretty half-baked too! And because of this, their goofy ness works against them and comes off as ‘deliberate’...🙅‍♂️😔

Such a bummer VMP chose this N*E*R*D album to be a ROTM! 🤦‍♂️

Also tbh I don't really like how you people are making fun of how enthusiastic Nathan can be.. they aren't really passionate about this one and making fun of people like that just seems offensive to me
I know it might look a bit like that, but they are definitely joining in the fun and cheeky-ness! I love a bit of teasing and I love a good laugh!! I want people to be even more cheeky and full-on!!! 😈

Anyone who mimicks my enthusiasm is only showing love! 😇🌈

Im unfortunately not feeling this pick! It’s such a disappointing pick to be honest! It just doesn’t have the tasteful charm of their debut or the creative edgy-ness Of Seeing Sounds. The music on Fly or Die sounds quite contrived, a bit artificial and formulaic. The instrumentals are pretty half-baked too! And because of this, their goofy ness works against them and comes off as ‘deliberate’...🙅‍♂️😔

Such a bummer VMP chose this N*E*R*D album to be a ROTM! 🤦‍♂️

Sad thing is I dont think much hiphop will be in swaps.. so I might just have to put up with it.

I like the roots album I just wasnt bothered enough with it when it arrived. I tried that hud dreams before swaps closed & swapped for living legends. Lame instrumentals I couldn't hear the hype

I went with boring because last time I used stronger language on an instrumental album 2 users got really upset lol

Not a Dilla fan I guess? Being a die hard Dilla fan, I love HUD Dreams. I didn’t buy the VMP version because I already had an original. Shit is HOT!!
That seems like quite the extrapolation. I'm a big Dilla fan but I found Hud Dreams to be just alright. I didn't find it totally boring but I didn't think it was great. Honestly, I don't see why liking one would predetermine the liking of the other.

I'm going to throw my two cents in and say that Donuts is nothing to aspire to be. Weakest of all the projects Dilla was involved with while he was alive and only championed cause it was put out right around the time he died. Also inspired all those lame kids with the Dilla Changed My Life Shirts. The only thing Dilla had really changed at that point was how terrible he made Tribe.

Having said that, I don't understand the comparison to Knxwledge at all? Like dude couldn't even hold a candle to a candle of Dilla's production.

I'm going to throw my two cents in and say that Donuts is nothing to aspire to be. Weakest of all the projects Dilla was involved with while he was alive and only championed cause it was put out right around the time he died. Also inspired all those lame kids with the Dilla Changed My Life Shirts. The only thing Dilla had really changed at that point was how terrible he made Tribe.

Having said that, I don't understand the comparison to Knxwledge at all? Like dude couldn't even hold a candle to a candle of Dilla's production.
That is certainly a unique opinion on an album that is generally considered to be one of the greatest of all time, of any genre.

I have one of those shirts! lol

To each his own I guess.

Knxwledge isn’t as good as Dilla, no but he does a good job of carrying the torch for his later sound though.

That is certainly a unique opinion on an album that is generally considered to be one of the greatest of all time, of any genre.

I have one of those shirts! lol

To each his own I guess.

Knxwledge isn’t as good as Dilla, no but he does a good job of carrying the torch for his later sound though.

Really? People really consider it one of the greatest of all time of any genre? Like.. forreal? It wouldn't even crack a top 25 rap records for me. Hell, I could probably list top instrumental rap records I'd rather listen to before that one came up but y'know.. to each their own.

As far as the shirts go, that was not meant as a shot at you. Just being from Toronto. which seemed to kinda be Dilla's home away from home, the number of people I saw rocking that shirt because they'd just read about his death in Now or Eye magazine are way too many to count. The people I knew in Toronto who knew Dilla and/or fucked with him all thought that shit was corny af, but again, your mileage may vary.

Back