Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Like I said l, find me another ROTM club that puts out AAA remastered high quality audiophile releases for less than hundreds of dollars. I didn't say there weren't cheaper albums to be bought in stores that are mastered by KG or CB, of course there are. But to my knowledge there aren't any other clubs around doing this. Whether it's $23 or $37 that's still under the price of most APs or Mofis after shipping. It doesn't really matter WHY they're doing it or whether we badgered them into it (we totally did and I'm proud of us for that), the bottom line is they are doing it. I've looked at other clubs and there is virtually no mention of any pressing details of any kind to be found, even in high priced ones like The Vault. I know the picks aren't always the ones we want but seriously, the ability they have to cross as many genres as they do and actually get permission to press as many different big and diverse albums as they do is impressive. Literally no other club I'm aware of is able to do this.

Okay, now if it's Capleton I will BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND
Yeah, but why? Who cares if it's a club? I don't understand your premise. I never disagreed that VMP is the best club, but it isn't a great compliment.

And that doesn't change the fact that your positive accolades only apply to one track with rare exception in another. It has never applied to the track that this thread is for.

Yeah, but why? Who cares if it's a club? I don't understand your premise. I never disagreed that VMP is the best club, but it isn't a great compliment.

And that doesn't change the fact that your positive accolades only apply to one track with rare exception in another. It has never applied to the track that this thread is for.
My premise is, if you don't like the curation, just go buy the records you want in a store and drop the club. No club is ever going to hit on everything and I'd say if you look back over the lifetime of the RHH sub at the album's released and you take into account that you can't just press whatever you want because there are licenses and labels to deal with, they've done a pretty good job skipping between new releases and older stuff and getting some nigh on impossible releases pressed. But for a lot of people it's probably better to just keep your money and go spend it yourself on what you want instead of complaining every month about the curation.

My premise is, if you don't like the curation, just go buy the records you want in a store and drop the club. No club is ever going to hit on everything and I'd say if you look back over the lifetime of the RHH sub at the album's released and you take into account that you can't just press whatever you want because there are licenses and labels to deal with, they've done a pretty good job skipping between new releases and older stuff and getting some nigh on impossible releases pressed. But for a lot of people it's probably better to just keep your money and go spend it yourself on what you want instead of complaining every month about the curation.
That's good advice. I guess I can see people wanting the curation to be better as a reasonable desire though. I feel that way across all tracks, but when I run out of stuff I want to swap, I cancel my membership and start again when they do something I want. I'd love to be more excited about the curation aspect, but they put out a lot of duds for me personally. I deal with it on and off because sometimes they put out good stuff I can't get elsewhere.

I would have nothing but great things to say about VMP if they were a reissue company that sometimes put out great quality reissues of albums that I want and supplied them to other retailers. But, since they are terrible at the whole getting me records that I ordered without issues thing lately, the club/subscription model is a definite downside for me.

That's good advice. I guess I can see people wanting the curation to be better as a reasonable desire though. I feel that way across all tracks, but when I run out of stuff I want to swap, I cancel my membership and start again when they do something I want. I'd love to be more excited about the curation aspect, but they put out a lot of duds for me personally. I deal with it on and off because sometimes they put out good stuff I can't get elsewhere.

I would have nothing but great things to say about VMP if they were a reissue company that sometimes put out great quality reissues of albums that I want and supplied them to other retailers. But, since they are terrible at the whole getting me records that I ordered without issues thing lately, the club/subscription model is a definite downside for me.
You will find no argument from me regarding the ability to actually get you the things they sell. That part of their business is an unholy disaster. As I sit here waiting for a White Stripes album that still hasn't shipped with no one at the company actually admitting to me that there is a second pressing and I'm in it.

Also want to add that they invite a lot of the criticisms of curation by some of the hyperbole and justifications they provide to back up their picks, like putting Da Brat on a 10 best rap albums of the 90s list. A lot of that sort of thing is what we criticize and joke about.

It's weird, I have only ever purchased/swapped/kept about 5 or 6 RHH track albums, yet I am always stalking this thread hoping that it will be one I want or don't even know but wind up loving. The Saba pick is still to this day one of my favorite VMP records, so I think I am just always chasing that feeling.

That being said, any chance ODB is still it and Storf missed the guess on Reddit? I want to believe.

He said on Twitter that the correct artist was guessed in the new Reddit thread which begins with the first reply being disappointed it ain't ODB.

I get it, Storf plays fast and loose with the clues. But there is no way it's gonna be ODB.
Storf has also straight up lied and purposely misled guess thread in the past too so this is a small chance that it could still be ODB (though I seriously doubt it).

What am I missing on Lord Finesse? I’ve tried listening to it, and honestly I’d prefer Skee-lo. You all have gotten me to reassess/evaluate albums before by providing more knowledge. But right now I don’t get the appeal of Lord Finesse at all.

Also, what’s the Classics sample used in Lord Finesse?

What am I missing on Lord Finesse? I’ve tried listening to it, and honestly I’d prefer Skee-lo. You all have gotten me to reassess/evaluate albums before by providing more knowledge. But right now I don’t get the appeal of Lord Finesse at all.

Classics sample is Patrice Rushen - Remind Me in Food For Thought.

All the interludes are so enjoyable to listen too! They beats on all of them are so smooth, jazzy and fat! The production overall is pretty colourful too in my opinion, even though most of the production has that east-Coast boom-bap sound! The verses are tight too! It’s just great hip-hop in my opinion 👍

I apologize if this is an off topic post, but I finally came across one of my white whales I have been trying to find for the past 2 years. The only problem is that it is on a Polish site that looks like their version of eBay and the shipping methods don't list a "Ship to US" option. I messaged the seller to ask if he could, but I haven't gotten a response yet, and I have a feeling that he probably won't. If that's the case, do you think anyone here could help me out if they're in Poland by purchasing it for me and then shipping it to me? Sorry if it sounds sketch, but it'd really mean a lot to me. I'm not sure if there's a sub-topic on this forum that I might be able to post in to see if anyone could help :)

Back