Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Awesome. Best of the options we were left with. Well I guess not really since nothing really fit storf's clues. Better than Doug E. fresh though! Funny that Storf was wrong on the year and missed it in a guess thread.

The funny thing is I think since I put my wishful thinking towards that after it was looking bad it mad me more excited that they picked it than I probably would have been. Hard for me to confidently say I would have definitely grabbed it otherwise even though I think it is a solid album. I'll have to think about it more I guess.

OMG GUYS YAAAAAAAAAAS! Literally Lord Finesse’ The Awakening was the only one I would’ve been really happy with! And it looks like we getting it! 🙏🙌

This album is a must for hip-hop fans! The production on this album is a perfect mix of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth’s The Main Ingredient and Smif-N-Wessun’s Dah Shinin. The beats are jazzy, colourful yet semi claustrophobic! 💎

@Mather - If it’s Lord Finesse, definitely pick it up! It’s got that Pete Rock kinda production! And the flows and bars on the album are sweet! Definitely one of the better rap albums of 1996! 💯

Whelp this is better than ODB IMO just because ODB has several widely available versions. Never heard this before either and sampled a couple songs and definitely dig it. Wow two months in a row getting the hip hop track without swap. Can they complete the hat trick in September? haha.
honestly, ODB is a better album than Lord finesse, but I agree with this.

OMG, I can’t believe it’s actually Lord Finesse’s The Awakening! Such a fucking great pick! And it’s an album so many people who love hip-hop don’t know about too! 🔥🔥🔥

Hip 2 Da Game was always one of my favourite hip-hop songs of 1996! That chorus with the xylophones coming in is such a nice touch and the verses on that track are all so smoothly effortless! Such a great laid-back, head-bopping jazzy cut! 😍

OMG, I can’t believe it’s actually Lord Finesse’s The Awakening! Such a fucking great pick! And it’s an album so many people who love hip-hop don’t know about too! 🔥🔥🔥

Hip 2 Da Game was always one of my favourite hip-hop songs of 1996! That chorus with the xylophones coming in is such a nice touch and the verses on that track are all so smoothly effortless! Such a great laid-back, head-bopping jazzy cut! 😍

Yeah man, not many producers can hit as hard and as smooth as LF. Very excited! Can't believe how depressed we all were just a few days ago lol!!

Back