Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

O'Lord w/ O.C. is just an interlude but still pretty slick. I've heard a few songs on this album before but don't remember the whole thing. Brainstorm is on a playlist I listen to a lot.
The beat on that track always reminded me of the beat on Mobb Deep’s song ‘Extortion’ (on their 1996 album Hell on Earth)! It has that dark, vampire, nocturnal sound with those whaling strings! The production on Brainstorm is just incredible! 🦉🧛‍♂️🩸🧠

wait.. ISN'T A PIZZA JUST AN OPEN FACED SANDWICH?? There is a track called 'Sandwiches' on that Count Bass D album....

Some day we'll get some CBD goodness from VMP. Some day.

Wasn’t one of the clues a 90s classic? Don’t get me wrong, I love the Funky Man but this is his worst album out of his 90s output. Better than the alternatives though

I think that was just something we collectively believed to be the case, but no, Storf never referred to it as such.

Now what would be special is if they managed to clear the Let's Get It On instrumental from the TV tracks test pressing of this LP...

Of course, they won't have, in fact I doubt they're even aware that there's a legendary unreleased instrumental from this LP... but hey, it's better than Coolio, Capleton or Dougie Fresh...

I’ll be picking this up I think, but he still a herb for that lawsuit on Mac Miller. That was super whack to do considering hip-hop has always been a culture of sampling and young rappers rhyming over classic beats to get on.

8d279756a885102dcc486999763712eb.jpeg

I’ll be picking this up I think, but he still a herb for that lawsuit on Mac Miller. That was super whack to do considering hip-hop has always been a culture of sampling and young rappers rhyming over classic beats to get on.

That always rubbed me the wrong way about Lord Finesse but I thin kit's water under the bridge now. I think after what happened to him over the Fatboy Slim sample and how they fucked him over he became paranoid about being sampled.

It's common for album art to have copyright dates for the year prior to release with releases early in the year. Only release date I can find is Feb. 20, 1996. Reviewed in The Source in the same month. Highest chart position in March. Lead singles were released in fall '95.

That is definitely why the person who created the discogs listing got the year wrong though.

That always rubbed me the wrong way about Lord Finesse but I thin kit's water under the bridge now. I think after what happened to him over the Fatboy Slim sample and how they fucked him over he became paranoid about being sampled.
Yeah it seemed him and Mac ended up being pretty amicable about everything when all was said and done. Just put me off hella, it was just a backwards thing to do and felt like he was just looking for a pay day as opposed to actually being a litigious character.

Back