Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

With the Swap preview released this felt like the perfect time to cancel my membership. I don’t know how lifers do it, finding 6 months worth of records that I gave a shit about let alone were worth the value was work and even still I ended up “upgrading” some albums I already owned. This service is great from people just getting into collecting but my collection is too robust to justify anything more than occasionally dipping in and out for the rare times they offer up something worthwhile.

With the Swap preview released this felt like the perfect time to cancel my membership. I don’t know how lifers do it, finding 6 months worth of records that I gave a shit about let alone were worth the value was work and even still I ended up “upgrading” some albums I already owned. This service is great from people just getting into collecting but my collection is too robust to justify anything more than occasionally dipping in and out for the rare times they offer up something worthwhile.
I’m in a similar boat. I maybe find one record per month that’s new that I want. My sub is up in November and hard to justify the price

I’m in a similar boat. I maybe find one record per month that’s new that I want. My sub is up in November and hard to justify the price
I used to be 2-3 a month and have been 1 for a bit and there's some months, like this upcoming, where I may just swap for credit. Definitely getting hard to justify the price increases and that somehow as we've gotten more tracks, there's seemingly less things I'm interested in.

I'm not currently a member but have about $100 in account and store credit - I'm just waiting for them to announce 2-3 albums I'm even somewhat interested in to hop back in and use my credit but damn, it's gonna be a while I think.

I have varied taste and tend to like everything I get 🤷‍♂️ combined with some completipnist tendencies

Feels like they are trying to reduce the dead stock. Trying to get themselves pretty for a new investor
They sent me a second 12 pack of bin ends by mistake. Arrived today and there is some solid crossover with box 1. Japandroids in both in impeccable condition for example. I actually think they used earth day as a way to clear a load of stuff out that’s been sitting there. Not just the dinged lot.

They sent me a second 12 pack of bin ends by mistake. Arrived today and there is some solid crossover with box 1. Japandroids in both in impeccable condition for example. I actually think they used earth day as a way to clear a load of stuff out that’s been sitting there. Not just the dinged lot.

I didn't purchase any mystery box but bought some "damaged" ones. Half of them were in perfect shape, others had minors dinged corner. Only one was really bad but still playable. At the end two were warped and they refund them.

It takes me to the same conclusion as yours. They keep cleaning their stock.

I didn't purchase any mystery box but bought some "damaged" ones. Half of them were in perfect shape, others had minors dinged corner. Only one was really bad but still playable. At the end two were warped and they refund them.

It takes me to the same conclusion as yours. They keep cleaning their stock.
They must be sitting on masses and masses of excess stock. Entire swimming pools full of Japandroids and Torres records

I have varied taste and tend to like everything I get 🤷‍♂️ combined with some completipnist tendencies
Right on. I have over 100 Rap, 100 Jazz, 100 Country albums and a solid amount of Metal, Reggae, and Electronic music on top of my hundreds of Rock albums. Varied taste is isn’t the issue necessarily. It’s finding the right albums that are worth the price.

Back