Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Ooooh cool, I hadnt seen the list.

Im in for the Classics and maybe one of the Ramones. Is there a general consensus as to which is better out of Rocket to Russia or Too Tough to Die? I listened to a few of their songs decades ago but for all intents and purposes I'm unfamiliar with them, but keen to listen. I will stream both before hand anyway, just keen to know what people think.
Rocket to Russia is in the running for their best album. Too Tough to Die is in the running for their 7th best album.

Classic VMP, really.

I own Rocket to Russia and Too Tough to Die already but am interested in hearing what RKS does to them. He blew me away with Tres Hombres. My sub is up in September though, and I don't know yet if I will renew.

For July and August though I'm in for Joni, DMX, Meth/Redman, Ghostface and Taking Back Sunday (my partner loves them).

joni wont have artwork or liner note because joni said "I just wanna a rerelease of the original.. the only change is the 45RPM and that's because RKS begged for it"

also no tip ons this month because of some logistical stuff (TL;DR they take a long time and they cant do fancy stuff on a tipon)

I think VMP horribly miscalculated on doing another Chalino record as a ROTM. The novelty for it has worn off and by already doing a “greatest hits” album for the first release, I just don’t see too many people jumping on it, except for those who are big Chalino heads.

It probably would’ve been a better exclusive with a 500 pressing or something like that.

I think VMP horribly miscalculated on doing another Chalino record as a ROTM. The novelty for it has worn off and by already doing a “greatest hits” album for the first release, I just don’t see too many people jumping on it, except for those who are big Chalino heads.

It probably would’ve been a better exclusive with a 500 pressing or something like that.

Probably one of the cheaper ROTMs for licensing costs?

I liked the last Chalino album, don't think I need any more though. We knew it was coming, but still weird to return to Chalino again.
I'm kind of okay with the fact that there's nothing tempting me to sub again for this quarter.

My 12 pack mystery bundle just arrived. From the top of the box to the bottom this is what it had, started a little disappointing but ended on an ok note.

1. Dolly Parton - For God and Country (half of the top of the jacket is sliced through, and of all the Dolly titles I was least interested in this one)
  2. Sylvan Esso - No Rules Sandy (jacket is folded in half on one side, not sure how the disc isn't broken)
  3. Emmylou Harris - Pieces of Sky (top right corner is crushed and torn)
  4. Abbey Lincoln - It's Magic (Tiniest of corner dings)
  5. Slowthai - Nothing Great About Britain (all corners dinged, seam splits on top and bottom)
  6. Labrinth - Euphoria Season 2 Score (Looks new, but I was pretty disappointed by these first six titles as I don't want any of them)
  7. John Coltrane - Sun Ship (damaged outter, but looks new otherwise. Already owned)
  8. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal (perfect condition, excellent album, already own it)
  9. Steve Earle & The Dukes - J.T. (no shrink, but looks perfect. Already own it)
  10. Ella Fitzgerald - A Swinging Christmas (Crushed top left corner. I don't like holiday music, but not a bad get)
  11. The Gospel Truth, Boxset (little damage on the bottom right corner of the box. Already own, but good trade bait at my local)
  12. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (AP, and in perfect new and sealed condition, the clear gem of the mystery bundle and the saving grace of this experiment!!!)

Essentials
The Hissing of Summer Lawns - Joni Mitchell
It's Dark and Hell is Hot - DMX
Rocket to Russia - Ramones

Classics

Transfiguration - Alice Coltrane
Teo - Teo Macero with the Prestige Jazz Quartet
It's My Life, Baby! - Junior Wells

R&HH

Blackout! - Method Man and Redman
The Big Doe Rehab - Ghostface Killah
The Recession - Young Jeezy

Country

There's No Gettin' Over Me - Ronnie Milsap
Corridos De Los Felix y Los Quintero - Chalino Sanchez
Nickel Creek - Nickel Creek

Rock

We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed - Los Campesinos!
Where You Want To Be - Taking Back Sunday
Too Tough to Die - Ramones
yeah, nothing here to convince me to jump back in.

I liked the last Chalino album, don't think I need any more though. We knew it was coming, but still weird to return to Chalino again.
I'm kind of okay with the fact that there's nothing tempting me to sub again for this quarter.
I’m kind of okay with the Chalino. I reup in September though which is rough because I’m pretty down for the ramones stuff. I’ll have to figure that one out

I’m kind of okay with the Chalino. I reup in September though which is rough because I’m pretty down for the ramones stuff. I’ll have to figure that one out
May be worth letting membership lapse for a day or two after swaps close then using a referral to knock $80 off the yearly price. Should work unless you’ve already used a referral this year

Back