Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

What the hell does this even mean? The record is the record. It doesn’t change with each listen.

“This new reissue beautifully presents the album in a way that can be appreciated by the oldest head, and the newest appreciator of the New York of old”
Maybe it’s pressed on biodegradable vinyl and it will be worse each time you listen until there is just a pile of dust on your platter

Last edited:
It all kinda plays into it though and even with something that is subjective having a main player, or a small group led by a main player, things get stale and samey. More so when that main player has some pretty strong opinions that don’t always have the strongest rationale behind them.

I’d love a club this size to have more female voices and even more voices with older or non US focuses. And by old I don’t mean boomers, there’s enough of that everywhere, but that big 80s and 90s period that seems to often fall between all the vinyl cracks. Hell even an Anglophile would probably radically transform their curation and Britain is probably the second most powerful player after the states in terms of producing lots of acts and recorded music.

This reminded me to check in on ABs lawsuit, given she was voicing similar issues prior to being fired. The hearing scheduled for 12Jun was delayed as "Discovery slowed because of defendants' management changes".

All discovery and depositions must be done by 26Jul, joint status report incl state of depositions and settlement prospects on 09Aug, and next official conference ("if needed") 20Aug.

This reminded me to check in on ABs lawsuit, given she was voicing similar issues prior to being fired. The hearing scheduled for 12Jun was delayed as "Discovery slowed because of defendants' management changes".

All discovery and depositions must be done by 26Jul, joint status report incl state of depositions and settlement prospects on 09Aug, and next official conference ("if needed") 20Aug.
Curious about all of the suits…

This solution sucks, Rotten idea.
Way behind on this and totally missed it but - This method of clearing stock and hyping up what quite possibly could be a
Pad of crap angers me. I’m done with VMP when this Subscription ends.
Oooh we have some amazing low stock rare items ( not gonna tell you iwhat tho because that will probably lead to massive disappointment) Cocks

What’s the actual story on this ? Who’s the main gripe against do u think ? I just want the low down, I hate this sorta shit in companies, VMP feels like a breeding ground for it.

What’s the actual story on this ? Who’s the main gripe against do u think ? I just want the low down, I hate this sorta shit in companies, VMP feels like a breeding ground for it.
Basically she was a model Employee. Asked about advancement, it was promised. Then Cam fired her for being more focused on herself.

Way behind on this and totally missed it but - This method of clearing stock and hyping up what quite possibly could be a
Pad of crap angers me. I’m done with VMP when this Subscription ends.
Oooh we have some amazing low stock rare items ( not gonna tell you iwhat tho because that will probably lead to massive disappointment) Cocks
They did list a bunch of the titles both in the email and on the description page…we’ll see what people get. It’s not for me because I have most of the old VMP stuff I wanted. I won’t be shocked if most people are happy with what they get tbh. Outside of mailing these out for free in random boxes, people were always gonna be mad at how they sell titles they only have 10 or so left of

Basically she was a model Employee. Asked about advancement, it was promised. Then Cam fired her for being more focused on herself.
Wow - no wonder gone to courts, fucking hate how employers can be so callous to do shit like this which can really hurt an entire family. Taking someone’s livelihood away for no good reason!

So the mondo guys give their side of the shutdown.. but this was quoted in a discord post and it made me fascinated
Yeah. Down to licenses. I'd just gotten projects approved for Dune. I got projects approved for ODB (Ol' Dirty Bastard). And the reviewers were like, "These are great. Let's go to the next level." And then the next level was to finally sign the contract. Here's a little tip. My old boss Cam devised, which I was quite impressed with. He wanted to submit work but not sign the contract until we had our first project approved as far as visuals and what have you. And as soon as that was done, we would sign the contract, pay the money, and then off the races. So you get the maximum amount of contract term. And so that kind of made it really easy to transfer everything over to my next because we hadn't yet signed, but we already had all the work done

Is this legal? It also explains the ODB issues, they got everything done and then approved it so they weren't prepared for anything else

So the mondo guys give their side of the shutdown.. but this was quoted in a discord post and it made me fascinated

Is this legal? It also explains the ODB issues, they got everything done and then approved it so they weren't prepared for anything else
I mean it doesn’t explain anything. It’s saying have all the mock ups be like prototypes and ready to go so when you bring them to the licensed property owner, they go yeah this is great let’s sign a contract. Then instead of figuring it all out, you just send to press. You aren’t wasting two or three months of a year long license screwing around with r&d.

I mean it doesn’t explain anything. It’s saying have all the mock ups be like prototypes and ready to go so when you bring them to the licensed property owner, they go yeah this is great let’s sign a contract. Then instead of figuring it all out, you just send to press. You aren’t wasting two or three months of a year long license screwing around with r&d.
Thanks for the legal explanation.. I just got confused

Yea it is a pretty smart move. If you can afford to bankroll the R&D beforehand on your own for artwork. Doesn’t seem like it would be a huge deal for a company with VMP’s profits especially on the art side.

Back