Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

canceled.PNG

This was a TBT title I ordered in early April. After months of asking about when it was gonna ship, it got canceled abruptly today. A bunch of other people in the discord also said they had various orders canceled.

A more suspicious person might note that this all happened on July 2, a day after the beginning of a new fiscal quarter, while all the aforementioned purchases would be shown as sales in the previous quarter. Not me tho, it was just a little oopsie VMP made. A three-month-long oopsie. It happens.

View attachment 207564

This was a TBT title I ordered in early April. After months of asking about when it was gonna ship, it got canceled abruptly today. A bunch of other people in the discord also said they had various orders canceled.

A more suspicious person might note that this all happened on July 2, a day after the beginning of a new fiscal quarter, while all the aforementioned purchases would be shown as sales in the previous quarter. Not me tho, it was just a little oopsie VMP made. A three-month-long oopsie. It happens.
Classic case of misleading the shareholders

View attachment 207564

It sucks that this got cancelled. Not so sure a cancellation of a few people’s orders is some investor number pumping scam…but wouldn’t be surprised if this was oversold due to their shitty site and inventory. Blackout was showing as available in swaps when VMP said it was completely sold out and won’t be shocked if people get cancellations on that too.

It sucks that this got cancelled. Not so sure a cancellation of a few people’s orders is some investor number pumping scam…but wouldn’t be surprised if this was oversold due to their shitty site and inventory. Blackout was showing as available in swaps when VMP said it was completely sold out and won’t be shocked if people get cancellations on that too.
Let me put in my MIA hat for a second…

Their inventory and site have been shitty for so long that at this point, you have to think that it might be shitty on purpose. This might allow them to continue some low level grifts and be like “aw shucks…” about it every single fucking time.

Let me put in my MIA hat for a second…

Their inventory and site have been shitty for so long that at this point, you have to think that it might be shitty on purpose. This might allow them to continue some low level grifts and be like “aw shucks…” about it every single fucking time.

Their inventory and site suck because they refuse to invest money back into the company to actually improve things. And they refuse to hire people who know what they are doing. Remember the website migration? Oof.

Here:

Lots of fun tidbits in there, like they’ve always known that inventory is an issue…

But yeah Matt left VMp to start this company:

Hahahahaha. lol hahahahahahaha lol hahahahahahah.

Here:

Lots of fun tidbits in there, like they’ve always known that inventory is an issue…

Unbarkable. We teach your dog not to bark at those delivering your records.

Here:

Nothing screams, “we’re building a blue-chip brand for the long term” like removing vowels from the name.

SO FCKNG ORGNL!!

I’m normally in the camp that you seem to be in sometimes where I see rational, normal biz reasons for something that could also be some really bad acting, and I know better from too much experience than to take allegations in a legal Complaint at face value without serious critical thinking, but, to me, the post-quarter timing of this actually does look like shenanigans. They just happened to figure out the inventory issues on the Monday after a quarter?

EDIT — and there could be bad reasons why they did this that have nothing to do w the legal problems. For example, their financing/credit line could be dependent on ratios or other metrics involving their balance sheet — where the bank has the right to call in a credit line if the cash/asset/whatever-to-debt ratio isn’t at a certain level. Struggling companies that rely on financing to build inventory have to monitor this day-to-day, especially in a high-inflation, high-variable-interest-rate environment.

Last edited:
Back