Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Hey I just realized something and am short on time but they clocked up the plant so epically, they redefined cock up.

Think about it they packed for a plant they no longer have and will likely never use. Lost their executive team. And fubarred everything they do in the short term.

I am not sure Google is giving me the right translation for "cock up" EDIT: yeah, Linguee is better.

EDIT²: you might be right. In order to show that it was never meant to be THEIR plant, despite the name, they had to put an end to every contract with them?

Hey I just realized something and am short on time but they clocked up the plant so epically, they redefined cock up.

Think about it they packed for a plant they no longer have and will likely never use. Lost their executive team. And fubarred everything they do in the short term.
It sorta seemed like the only people who wanted the plant, were the ones who got fired. It's gonna be really interesting to see A) how the lawsuit goes and B) how Paramount Pressings does. The fact that they were bankrolling a plant that they didn't even own equity in (apparently) is absolutely wild to me.

It sorta seemed like the only people who wanted the plant, were the ones who got fired. It's gonna be really interesting to see A) how the lawsuit goes and B) how Paramount Pressings does. The fact that they were bankrolling a plant that they didn't even own equity in (apparently) is absolutely wild to me.
I have a hard time swallowing the story they’ve presented, but even if all of this is 100% factual, it’s still a massive cock up.

I suspect that it is more likely the board which may have been less than keen on the plant was done with the never ending delays and this is an easy way to scapegoat the whole situation. They have repeatedly loved having scapegoats (Shopify, hurricanes, their shipping partner, etc)

I have a hard time swallowing the story they’ve presented, but even if all of this is 100% factual, it’s still a massive cock up.

I suspect that it is more likely the board which may have been less than keen on the plant was done with the never ending delays and this is an easy way to scapegoat the whole situation. They have repeatedly loved having scapegoats (Shopify, hurricanes, their shipping partner, etc)
i don't believe most of the story, but imagine that a board vote was recorded and lying about that aspect of it seems extremely easy to disprove in court. i also wouldn't be surprised that the plant delays and money spent on it definitely caused that c-suite to be fired even if nothing illegal or shady happened. sorta seems like the board fell asleep at the wheel and didn't actually look into what was happening for nearly 3 years hah The suit reflects REALLY poorly on the board even if everything they said is true in the suit.

It's also hilarious to me that, even outside of the fact that they bankrolled it, there's now a fully functional pressing plant right down the street that's seemingly inaccessible to them - I don't know if they'll eventually do business with them when they're ready to ramp up numbers or if they effectively pissed off Rawlings and Salstrom so much that they won't press VMP stuff.

It's also hilarious to me that, even outside of the fact that they bankrolled it, there's now a fully functional pressing plant right down the street that's seemingly inaccessible to them - I don't know if they'll eventually do business with them when they're ready to ramp up numbers or if they effectively pissed off Rawlings and Salstrom so much that they won't press VMP stuff.
My understanding is that in the short term, the contracts were cancelled (as evident by moving all of the items that were to be pressed there elsewhere)

My understanding is that in the short term, the contracts were cancelled (as evident by moving all of the items that were to be pressed there elsewhere)
Yeah makes sense - I wonder if they recently tried to renegotiate some of the contracts and failed. That might explain the random 5 month delays popping up (moving to the back of the line at another plant).

Yeah makes sense - I wonder if they recently tried to renegotiate some of the contracts and failed. That might explain the random 5 month delays popping up (moving to the back of the line at another plant).
I’m more likely to believe the in stock date hit and the site guy said, “um we don’t have these” and some one said “oh shit? We better order these!”

they can't be too pissed off because they walked away with their own pressing plant. unsure if Cam and co are fully divested at this point (which would seem bizarre to do in the midst of a lawsuit). VMP has said they have no plans to press there and I would bet that as long as Cam and co own part of it, they won't do business.

I’m more likely to believe the in stock date hit and the site guy said, um we don’t have these and some one said “oh shit? We better order these!”
you're right, that's much more likely based on how they typically operate 😂

It's very possible that they were just taking orders and no one even figured out that someone needed to order a new repress

I’m more likely to believe the in stock date hit and the site guy said, “um we don’t have these” and some one said “oh shit? We better order these!”
another wild thing about the site....how is it not automated yet that when they receive actual stock of a record in the warehouse, it changes to in-stock on the site?? they have to go in manually and change dates around right now. otherwise you get stuff issues like Shabaka showing up as in stock even though it hadn't had a test pressing approved...

another wild thing about the site....how is it not automated yet that when they receive actual stock of a record in the warehouse, it changes to in-stock on the site?? they have to go in manually and change dates around right now. otherwise you get stuff issues like Shabaka showing up as in stock even though it hadn't had a test pressing approved...
Idk man. I think they might use AI to do everything.

Pretty good album, wonder if Mr Bongo will have a standard variant of this.
Answered my own question, and the answer is yes

Back