Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

From July to December is not a delay, it is putting it back at the end of the queue of records to press.
I believe they had more records than jackets or something like that originally? Or more jackets than records? But yea —seems maybe they pushed this repress back. Wonder if it had the lowest preorder numbers so they pushed it?

Yet again, the frustration of a preorder date coming and going before VMP even communicates that there’s a 5 month delay.

I believe they had more records than jackets or something like that originally? Or more jackets than records? But yea —seems maybe they pushed this repress back. Wonder if it had the lowest preorder numbers so they pushed it?

Yet again, the frustration of a preorder date coming and going before VMP even communicates that there’s a 5 month delay.

I don't know about Jolene but TLCs sold pretty well. FanMail shows as "almost gone" while the other is already on waitlist. Might be a record they planned to press at their factory or they made a deal with RTI to press other stuff (Impulse box?) and push TLCs.

I don't know about Jolene but TLCs sold pretty well. FanMail shows as "almost gone" while the other is already on waitlist. Might be a record they planned to press at their factory or they made a deal with RTI to press other stuff (Impulse box?) and push TLCs.
5 months is just a LONG time for a delay for an album that already has plates cut…and it went on sale 3 months ago or something?

I think FanMail was pressed to order right? So would make sense it’s low stock as they only probably pressed a limited amount of extra copies. I get the delays with stuff that was meant to be pressed at the plant but…All around just weird with some of these other delays. the plant news was known in March

5 months is just a LONG time for a delay for an album that already has plates cut…and it went on sale 3 months ago or something?

I think FanMail was pressed to order right? So would make sense it’s low stock as they only probably pressed a limited amount of extra copies. I get the delays with stuff that was meant to be pressed at the plant but…All around just weird with some of these other delays. the plant news was known in March

For us, public. I hope they knew about this situation way before that.

I started some kind of game on Discord now. Everytime I can, I tend the use the word "time" in one of my post and there is always an old forum member who comes with the "what would they do with more time" sentence. It feels like showing your member card to someone you don't know.

giphy.gif

Or more jackets than records?
This should not cause a 5 month delay. I can solve this in five minutes: send everyone one record and one jacket, take the remaining jackets and burn them. Or thrown them in the trash. Or recycle them. Hell, send me two jackets I don't care. They should hire me.

This should not cause a 5 month delay. I can solve this in five minutes: send everyone one record and one jacket, take the remaining jackets and burn them. Or thrown them in the trash. Or recycle them. Hell, send me two jackets I don't care. They should hire me.

As for me, I would have put remaining Lapsley and Da Brat copies in Dolly Partons's sleeves. Then wait for complaints, then say "oh damn' it's Shopify again! Bad Shopify!". Say new copies would be repressed and ask to kindly wait 6 months.

FWIW, they first offered it up for sale on February 1st. So it's now been 5 months and they just added another 5. And as you mentioned, the plates were already cut. Will be interesting to see how VMP tries to rationally explain this delay.

FWIW, they first offered it up for sale on February 1st. So it's now been 5 months and they just added another 5. And as you mentioned, the plates were already cut. Will be interesting to see how VMP tries to rationally explain this delay.
You think they'll even try?

hah i think they only had one or the other--no records left, or no jackets. but yea--it'll be 10 months now from when it went on sale to when they say it will be arriving. wild.

As for me, I would have put remaining Lapsley and Da Brat copies in Dolly Partons's sleeves. Then wait for complaints, then say "oh damn' it's Shopify again! Bad Shopify!". Say new copies would be repressed and ask to kindly wait 6 months.
well now we know what VMP is gonna be sending you if you keep complaining!!!

Back