Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Has anyone got an official update, or something from discord on why Ben Folds has been a clusterfuck of confused CS responses? I didn't personally order it (I wouldn't pay VMP prices for something I can get elsewhere much cheaper), but curious as to what the hold up on this one is. Someone on reddit said it was supposed to be July, then TBD, then December, then back to TBD.

They probably just recently decided to start selling off their replacement stocks for individual anthology records. You could take that as "if they got it, then sell it", but this whole thing seems like bad juju going on over at VMP.
There were some serious CAPS going down in the announcement email. Reading between the lines it pretty subtly implied it was extremely limited

IMG_5022.png

Posted in the anthology section too but VMP have obviously been moving furniture around and found a stack of records it had forgotten about in the process.

Welcome the the latest episode of ‘What are we going to do with all this shit?’

"could include" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this ad

Last edited:
I’m a massive fan of the work they do around the anthologies. Even ones where the genres not for me I can kinda appreciate… but they’re properly taking the piss there
It's such a weird gamble.
You could get Country, Folk, Jazz, Hip Hop, R&B or Rock. Just pay us a lot of money and take the risk, go on big spender...click that add to cart.

EDIT: Or you can get The Wiz!

Can they not just list them, or is it so obviously mainly unwanted records so this gets rid of the stock.
It's here:

"Bundles could include one of the following: Albert King, The Bar-Kay's, Booker T & The M.G.'s, Eddie Floyd, Johnnie Taylor, Sam & Dave, Ricky Banda, CrossBones, Harold McKinney, Phil Ranelin, Wendell Harrison & Phil Ranelin, Buffy Sante-Marie, Doc Watson, Joan Baez, Odetta, Skip James, The Weavers, Frank Sinatra with Count Basie & The Orchestra, Miles Davis & Quincy Jones, Willie Nelson, Candido Y Su Movimiento, Joe Acosta, Joe Bataan, La Fantastica, Papo Felix & Ray Rodriguez, and Paul Ortiz Y La Orquesta Son."

Wording is not VMP's strong suit, so I think you're getting definitely 2 of those and not "it could be one of those, or it could be something else".

They’ve already done loosie sales on Zamrock, Willie, Stax before so it’s more likely that you’ll get Ghetto, Vanguard, Tribe I would suspect. When they did Stax, poor Eddie Floyd didn’t sell out for yonks. Those were $37USD each.

Storf is teasing they there’s some William Bell in there too.

It's here:

"Bundles could include one of the following: Albert King, The Bar-Kay's, Booker T & The M.G.'s, Eddie Floyd, Johnnie Taylor, Sam & Dave, Ricky Banda, CrossBones, Harold McKinney, Phil Ranelin, Wendell Harrison & Phil Ranelin, Buffy Sante-Marie, Doc Watson, Joan Baez, Odetta, Skip James, The Weavers, Frank Sinatra with Count Basie & The Orchestra, Miles Davis & Quincy Jones, Willie Nelson, Candido Y Su Movimiento, Joe Acosta, Joe Bataan, La Fantastica, Papo Felix & Ray Rodriguez, and Paul Ortiz Y La Orquesta Son."

Wording is not VMP's strong suit, so I think you're getting definitely 2 of those and not "it could be one of those, or it could be something else".
No I disagree.

They’re saying you can get Zamrock loosies and none of those artists are listed here.

It's here:

I really meant I just don’t like these mystery bundles at all. List each record for $30 or whatever.VMP is selling on a gamble people rarely win and get rid of stock hard to sell. Sure not forcing anyone but ther is an element off oooh you could get something amazing……

Has anyone got an official update, or something from discord on why Ben Folds has been a clusterfuck of confused CS responses? I didn't personally order it (I wouldn't pay VMP prices for something I can get elsewhere much cheaper), but curious as to what the hold up on this one is. Someone on reddit said it was supposed to be July, then TBD, then December, then back to TBD.

Ben Folds?

Back