Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Board meeting.
- Well discord hates us and mystery bundles are just pissing people off. What are we gonna do to save the company?
Matt - we could order some hats from cafe press.
"Oh yeah, and let's make one of the hats a narcocorridos celebration, because that captures the spirit of VMP." What?
Next thing you know, these rebels from society will be including mixed drink recipes with their liner notes. 😉

Listen, if any of the Toronto members here see me wearing one of these around town, then I give full written permission to push me in the middle of the street and hope that traffic is ACTUALLY going fast enough to do some lasting damage.
Imagining you getting smacked by a car and hurtling through the air, with hat flying off, and some vey nice Canadian dropping their Tim Horton's coffee and diving through the air (in slow motion) to save . . . the hat, before it gets scuffed or stained by street grime. End Scene and Cut: to you leaving hospital in wheelchair wearing the hat.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 4.16.53 PM.png

My wife picked this one because "it sounds interesting", and I'm probably going to sell it this week as we will likely never listen to it again (along with Kim Gordon's latest attempt at trap music, and some duplicates laying about), ever. Looking at discog prices this seemingly has negative value. VMP probably told them as part of their deal they HAVE to take all their copies. They were never going to sell them, and it's honestly one of VMP's most baffling picks. I cannot see a world in which someone pays $51.38 + shipping for it.

Looking at this list, maybe they should've cut the R&HH sub.
There are some certified classics in that list.
The problem is though some of these either aren't exclusive, or weren't exclusive for long. I picked up a number of titles in the R&HH sub over the years, but I can truly say there's a lot of them I regret paying the cost of a sub for within the year. Like I remember signing up for a month for Gravediggaz and being super pumped VMP was doing it. Fast forward a couple of months and I'm yelling "for fucks sake" in the record store.

There are some certified classics in that list.
The problem is though some of these either aren't exclusive, or weren't exclusive for long. I picked up a number of titles in the R&HH sub over the years, but I can truly say there's a lot of them I regret paying the cost of a sub for within the year. Like I remember signing up for a month for Gravediggaz and being super pumped VMP was doing it. Fast forward a couple of months and I'm yelling "for fucks sake" in the record store.
Definitely. R&HH is the one I subbed to when I was there. The value presented just didn't cut it for me. It's stuff that would eventually be on uDiscover for $8, which at that point I'd pick them up.

Back