Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Interesting. I received an email from VMP saying "they would love to have me stay on board". Thing is that my subscription, which is not my main, is ending in December (took a second subscription to take advantage of the freebies last year). On the other hand, I have my "main" subscription which is ending next month but I havenn't received any email asking the other me to stay...

Interesting. I received an email from VMP saying "they would love to have me stay on board". Thing is that my subscription, which is not my main, is ending in December (took a second subscription to take advantage of the freebies last year). On the other hand, I have my "main" subscription which is ending next month but I havenn't received any email asking the other me to stay...
you have two subscriptions??

I received an auto email this morning that my sub is going to expire in a few days but if the best they can offer is "We'd love to have you stay on board as a subscriber and not only continue receiving awesome ROTMs each month, but keep your member perks like free shipping and member pricing." then you're not really trying to keep me around.

The laughable part was the previous paragraph - "Please log into your account to view or make any changes to your subscription(s), including reversing the cancelation, or adding other Tracks." We know you've cancelled but maybe you really meant to add more tracks instead?

I received an auto email this morning that my sub is going to expire in a few days but if the best they can offer is "We'd love to have you stay on board as a subscriber and not only continue receiving awesome ROTMs each month, but keep your member perks like free shipping and member pricing." then you're not really trying to keep me around.

The laughable part was the previous paragraph - "Please log into your account to view or make any changes to your subscription(s), including reversing the cancelation, or adding other Tracks." We know you've cancelled but maybe you really meant to add more tracks instead?
I got the same email. I wonder if they’ll try some sort of incentive for these cases. Surprised they aren’t already tbh

I got the same email. I wonder if they’ll try some sort of incentive for these cases. Surprised they aren’t already tbh

I mentioned a few pg back that I left some pointed commentary on my reasons for cancellation after 9 years as a member, and this is the first I've seen from the company that they're aware I've cancelled; the same email sent to anyone whose sub is lapsing.

Last year's 8 free records (got some great Chanukah/birthday presents for my niece out of it) was the only reason I reupped thx to the price increase. I've primarily stuck to Classics and added some other tracks multiple times each year, but I actually swapped for credit for the first time ever in June due to curation & lackluster swaps.

That said, I really would be open to a reasonable incentive if they could be bothered to try. Doing the free records offer again would both free up space in their warehouse and basically guarantee additional revenue from my store purchases, but my guess is they're far more focused at the moment on seeing what happens to overall memberships after track consolidation. My easy prediction is that it isn't going to boost numbers.

I had a different email to you guys.

After months of asking them to send the parcels to the correct address (they keep getting sent somewhere else), CS got back to me and said my 2 options are to have them sent to another address or cancel my membership and be refunded for the records that I haven't received. 😐

Last edited:
Back