Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

i mean....the link seems to work for anybody. doesn't seem to require any proof of physical membership.
The funny thing it, VMP sent me a free subscription to Creem for free and I haven’t been a VMP subscriber for months then Creem sent me the 3 free record deal, which Was debated but there isn’t really anything that interests me enough to sign back up bin it seems like these companies with do know what they are doing or give a shit who uses these codes.

I’ve been out a while, can I get the official MikeH Top 5 (10 if you’re feeling frisky)

My issue is I own originals of a good portion, but if these are stark improvements, I’d probably like to replace.
with a quick look out of the freebies, I really enjoy (in no particular order):

*Aretha - I Never Loved A Man
*Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (boomboom cut!)
*Willie Nelson - Phases and Stages (there's also a ATL75 that ain't half bad but I ended up PIFing that one and getting the VMP for cheap)
*Wilson Pickett - Hey Jude (fun album, but IIRC hard-panned and cut hot/has that atlantic sound where some of the vocals sound like they are peaking so that may turn some people off)
*Kris Kristofferson - Silver Tongued Devil and I
*Waylon Jennings - Taker/Tulsa
*Townes - Live at the Old Quarter

The Dollys are also really well done if you like her music! Same with Bella Donna

Not too sure about how these compare to OGs, and not sure what secondary market price is on them. I find SRV boring but have heard that the VMP is great if you don't want to get the AP45. A lot of people seem to rave about Heart as well but didn't feel the need to get that one yet.

The funny thing it, VMP sent me a free subscription to Creem for free and I haven’t been a VMP subscriber for months then Creem sent me the 3 free record deal, which Was debated but there isn’t really anything that interests me enough to sign back up bin it seems like these companies with do know what they are doing or give a shit who uses these codes.
I imagine that many times the idea is just to get a foot in the door and hope you can convince the customers to stay. Most of the VMP stuff I bet are albums that were over-estimated with popularity. Storf mentioned something on discord about how people would be shocked about which album was massively over-ordered and I'm 99% sure it's Bruce - Nebraska.

with a quick look out of the freebies, I really enjoy (in no particular order):

*Aretha - I Never Loved A Man
*Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (boomboom cut!)
*Willie Nelson - Phases and Stages (there's also a ATL75 that ain't half bad but I ended up PIFing that one and getting the VMP for cheap)
*Wilson Pickett - Hey Jude (fun album, but IIRC hard-panned and cut hot/has that atlantic sound where some of the vocals sound like they are peaking so that may turn some people off)
*Kris Kristofferson - Silver Tongued Devil and I
*Waylon Jennings - Taker/Tulsa
*Townes - Live at the Old Quarter

The Dollys are also really well done if you like her music! Same with Bella Donna

Not too sure about how these compare to OGs, and not sure what secondary market price is on them. I find SRV boring but have heard that the VMP is great if you don't want to get the AP45. A lot of people seem to rave about Heart as well but didn't feel the need to get that one yet.
Thanks! I was gonna do Heart as I believe @MyWifeHatesTrain raved about it. Thin Lizzy I have an OG but boomboom is tempting. Was also thinking Stevie Ray though I’m also not a big fan of his style.

Thanks! I was gonna do Heart as I believe @MyWifeHatesTrain raved about it. Thin Lizzy I have an OG but boomboom is tempting. Was also thinking Stevie Ray though I’m also not a big fan of his style.
SRV Is one of those guys who i think is massively talented but i just don't like his music...Gary Clark Jr is another guy in that camp.

I also have this Thin Lizzy pressing: https://www.discogs.com/release/1100903-Thin-Lizzy-Jailbreak

Enjoy them both. Wouldn't say one blows the other out of the water but they have a slightly different sound from what I remember. I ended up keeping one upstairs and one downstairs to have one for each of my TT setups haha

I had a long chat with CS at Royal Mail the other day about this. Essentially she said that the information (address) is set out and embedded within the QR code on the label that they receive. They can it and the new label is automatically generated from that information. So its not the case that Royal Mail has an error on their end, she actually said that it would be fraudulent if that was the case.

If that is the case, it must be something that VMP are doing, no one seems to know what it is though.
I had an issue with this in reverse--some international retailer sending stuff to me in the US. Both companies claimed it wasn't their fault and couldn't get an answer out of anybody. Ended up getting it reshipped to my neighbor's house next door and it got there no problem...never figured out what the issue was though as neither party cared to look into it much since they blamed the other company. Super frustrating. Hope it somehow gets sorted for you.

A Tribe Called Quest’s The Love Movement was added as a swaption shortly after that swap email went out. I haven’t heard any indication that anything this month is oversold so I swapped to it from Essentials Ramones.
Essentials Ramones is on standby or whatever. Which is why that email went out and I’m fairly certain based on the last times they have sent out similar emails means they oversold.

Especially in Essentials. They must have cut there numbers back
Yeah, I thought if one was to go in the first month, it'd be Too Tough To Die.

I like Rocket to Russia but it's not a huge loss if I can't get it, so no regrets swapping for Tribe. But this also happened with Little Richard a few months ago and then it kept coming back to the point it's available in swaps right this second. I'll just keep checking to see if Rocket pops back up here and there until swaps close.

I like Rocket to Russia but it's not a huge loss if I can't get it, so no regrets swapping for Tribe. But this also happened with Little Richard a few months ago and then it kept coming back to the point it's available in swaps right this second. I'll just keep checking to see if Rocket pops back up here and there until swaps close.

Pretty sure it will show up in swaps. They always keep copies on stock for replacements so if there is no pressing defects and not too many replacements are requested, it should show up.

Low end isn’t as good as The Love Movement from a sonics perspective but it’s still pretty great. Reckon there’s no wrong answer there between that and RtR

I love VMP math. The idea should be the bigger the bundle, the cheaper the per record cost. Theirs get more expensive the bigger the bundle.

Back