Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

How the heck does this stuff keep happening? I just don’t get it. Seriously this is what it must be like being a Clippers fan
I just don’t understand why they don’t have an automated cut off. I think they make their life difficult.

I also don’t understand why they never step out in front of something. We know what pushing swaps means. We know what an offer to swap means, so maybe just tell us. Hell some of the faithful might take care of it for you, ya know?

And for transparency purposes… Storf said the only people that got swapped were promo people.

I’m sure they had to manually do that, so who knows how accurate it is.

No answers on people who had their swaps disappear. I imagine they’ll be quiet until at least Tuesday because of the holiday. Might be worth checking your selections if you haven’t.

I just don’t understand why they don’t have an automated cut off. I think they make their life difficult.
Really makes no sense to me either. I guess part of it is that they expect X number people to swap each month? Then when that doesn’t happen, they are fucked if the album is popular? Part of it also seems that they don’t wanna prevent new customers from signing up during the month so don’t wanna cap numbers before seeing how many people lapse subs or swap?

But if you know you pressed 20K copies of an album, then never let there be an opportunity where more than 20k people can order it…

I really think they corrected pressing numbers way too hard during the wrong months. There were mentions about pressing less so they ended up with less overstock.

Really makes no sense to me either. I guess part of it is that they expect X number people to swap each month? Then when that doesn’t happen, they are fucked if the album is popular? Part of it also seems that they don’t wanna prevent new customers from signing up during the month so don’t wanna cap numbers before seeing how many people lapse subs or swap?

But if you know you pressed 20K copies of an album, then never let there be an opportunity where more than 20k people can order it…

I really think they corrected pressing numbers way too hard during the wrong months. There were mentions about pressing less so they ended up with less overstock.
Getting pressing numbers can be hard and what not. But it would be better to have a hard cap in the system. Once that number is reached, you stop taking orders for it and put people on standby for if someone makes the last minute switch or whatever. There’s really no excuse for it.

Even pissing off your cache of influencers is a stupid fucking move. “Hey guys, I wish I could talk to you about that new VMP Rocket to Russia, but they decided to send me Pussy Cats instead. Buyer beware.”

And it’s not like it hasn’t been told to them repeatedly for like 9 years.

And this is what, the third time they’ve oversold in like a year? Sabbath, ODB and this.

Yeah, it always manages to amaze me when inventory gets screwed up this poorly. And the fact that they can’t figure out that this album was going to be popular after the shit sandwich that the service’s curation has been for the past few months is a complete failure of vision. And the fact that next month’s essential is some odd ball Stax curio isn’t helping things either.

Getting pressing numbers can be hard and what not. But it would be better to have a hard cap in the system. Once that number is reached, you stop taking orders for it and put people on standby for if someone makes the last minute switch or whatever. There’s really no excuse for it.
The first month I signed up was for Demon Days and they literally did this. I was on standby for two weeks but a spot eventually opened up. I was excited to get a copy whereas if I thought I was getting a copy of Rockets To Russia and then they said “oops! my bad.” I woulda been pissed.

Yeah, it always manages to amaze me when inventory gets screwed up this poorly. And the fact that they can’t figure out that this album was going to be popular after the shit sandwich that the service’s curation has been for the past few months is a complete failure of vision. And the fact that next month’s essential is some odd ball Stax curio isn’t helping things either.
Rockets To Russia is both popular and essential and should be a title that VMP doesn’t mind ordering a surplus of because it would be a popular swaption for months to come.

How good is that gospel box?
Love it, especially at a swaption price. Definitely worth getting.

I like but don't love Rocket to Russia so I originally swapped to ATCQ's The Love Movement before realizing it had sold out. I'd rather have Tribe than the Ramones but am still a little bummed I won't be able to pick it up next month or something like that.

Storf has repeatedly said "no more represses" but idk this feels like a pretty solid case that VMP should do a repress. Classic rock album that clearly has high demand. Feels like a no-brainer.

Love it, especially at a swaption price. Definitely worth getting.

I like but don't love Rocket to Russia so I originally swapped to ATCQ's The Love Movement before realizing it had sold out. I'd rather have Tribe than the Ramones but am still a little bummed I won't be able to pick it up next month or something like that.

Storf has repeatedly said "no more represses" but idk this feels like a pretty solid case that VMP should do a repress. Classic rock album that clearly has high demand. Feels like a no-brainer.

I'm surprised by how high the demand is given that it's a title that's generally quite available. Seems like the demand may have been extra due to a perfect storm of it being a good album, and lots of folks not being stoked on the other options.

I've been tempted by the Alicia Keys getting dropped into swaps, but I already have a copy I'm quite happy with and I don't already have the Ramones.

I'm surprised by how high the demand is given that it's a title that's generally quite available. Seems like the demand may have been extra due to a perfect storm of it being a good album, and lots of folks not being stoked on the other options.

I've been tempted by the Alicia Keys getting dropped into swaps, but I already have a copy I'm quite happy with and I don't already have the Ramones.

Alicia's not available anymore

Back