Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

wait hold up that ELZHI IS AMAZING
$39.99, limited to 150 and still not sold out (announced in late June). 2xLP on black vinyl is $29.99.

$39.99, limited to 150 and still not sold out (announced in late June). 2xLP on black vinyl is $29.99.
I listened to this after the announcement and it’s fine? It felt like a time and place and not something I’d really ever reach for. The fact that a 150 numbered variant hasn’t sold out tells me all we need to know about the probable demand.

ah sorry i misread the original post. can't switch to classics because it is waitlisted for this month since Junior Wells sold out. it's very likely to go to normal once swaps open up because people will swap out of classics next month/numbers will change.
I was able to subscribe to classics as an add on today, which will get me next months record apparently. I wanted to make sure I don’t get stuck with Gus Canon. I always swap my main sub for credit and may or may not add a side sub for an ROTM or a swaption. Buuuut I’m actually looking forward to not having to deal with that whole song and dance in the future!

I know there’s more important matters in this thread. So uh does anyone have any news on the love supreme box? Would be nice to at least get it by Coltrane’s birthday in a few weeks…
I think its unlikely to even come out this year. It's behind a long line of other VMP stuff at RTI that VMP is waiting to press (Grateful Dead, Blue Note, Explorations in Sound and I think one other box?).

Their overly customer friendly policy with allowing the subscribers to keep defective copies is what makes me leery of buying VMP titles on the secondary market. There are lots of people looking to unload their defective copies on the secondary.
Oh yea--there are folks on Hoffman who complain about how bad their pressings are, then turn around and sell their "defective" pressings for $2 less than what they paid on their sub and say they are VG+/VG+. One dude was bragging about how he actually was making money on selling these defective pressings...people really suck. Those same people then complain that prices are being raised.

Not to derail this, but isn't the point of AI for customer service to get out instantaneous responses?

I emailed them this AM to ask if I can transfer my credit to another member and nothing back yet. I figured it would come back right away if a robot is answering.
Just to put a little clarity on this. They did not fire the entire cs team and employ an ai bot. There are two different things at play here.

1. They have been using a temp service for cs for some time.
2. They had a complete turnover of the team earlier this summer. I.e. All of them found real jobs or asked to be reassigned.
3. Pauly took this as a great time to revisit and employ cheaper overseas options from the service they use.
4. They also deployed an AI bot.

Team leaving plus learning curve = two week back log

Tl:dr- VMP skullfuckery

Or

Fucking clowns.

For anyone considering sticking with VMP on a yearly sub, it might not be a bad idea to convert down to a 6 month or 3 month term.

The discount to go for the 12 month subscription is now $10 worse for VMP than it was before on the 3 month and 6 month subs. The month to month is $2 dollars more so that's far and beyond the worst value. Less incentive to go for the yearly term since you're saving less. It's not much but idk how you overlook this when calculating the pricing as a VMP employee. If anything on a price increase, you'd want the incentive to be better or at least the same as before for the longest subscription length.

Old
12 month $435
6 month $237 x 2 = $474 ---- $39 difference
3 month $128 x 4 = $512 ---- $77 difference
1 month $46 x 12 = $552 ---- $117 difference

New
12 month $529
6 month $279 x 2 = $558 ---- $29 difference
3 month $149 x 4 = $596 ---- $67 difference
1 month $54 x 12 = $648 ---- $119 difference

For anyone considering sticking with VMP on a yearly sub, it might not be a bad idea to convert down to a 6 month or 3 month term.

The discount to go for the 12 month subscription is now $10 worse for VMP than it was before on the 3 month and 6 month subs. The month to month is $2 dollars more so that's far and beyond the worst value. Less incentive to go for the yearly term since you're saving less. It's not much but idk how you overlook this when calculating the pricing as a VMP employee. If anything on a price increase, you'd want the incentive to be better or at least the same as before for the longest subscription length.

Old
12 month $435
6 month $237 x 2 = $474 ---- $39 difference
3 month $128 x 4 = $512 ---- $77 difference
1 month $46 x 12 = $552 ---- $117 difference

New
12 month $529
6 month $279 x 2 = $558 ---- $29 difference
3 month $149 x 4 = $596 ---- $67 difference
1 month $54 x 12 = $648 ---- $119 difference
i imagine short term cash flow may be better for them, or they think that customers won't do the math hah.

Oh yea--there are folks on Hoffman who complain about how bad their pressings are, then turn around and sell their "defective" pressings for $2 less than what they paid on their sub and say they are VG+/VG+. One dude was bragging about how he actually was making money on selling these defective pressings...people really suck. Those same people then complain that prices are being raised.
Here in Toronto, record stores are on to this scam - being very careful about any used VMP that comes in, and refusing most. There are people on this board I am sure do this.

I wrote many times about how the people who return repeatedly for often minor or superficial reasons hurt everyone.

Now, with VMP, that has come to pass for international subscribers.

i imagine short term cash flow may be better for them, or they think that customers won't do the math hah.
As I said earlier, the cash flow issue has been dire for some time. This is obvious.

No viable business throws up as many smoke signals as VMP that it is hanging on by a thread.

Anyone who ups for a 6 or 12 month sub at this point has no one to blame but themselves if VMP belly flops and they lose the balance of the subscription. Judging from what I see of VMP, the likelihood of them surviving is not high.

As I said earlier, the cash flow issue has been dire for some time. This is obvious.

No viable business throws up as many smoke signals as VMP that it is hanging on by a thread.

Anyone who ups for a 6 or 12 month sub at this point has no one to blame but themselves if VMP belly flops and they lose the balance of the subscription. Judging from what I see of VMP, the likelihood of them surviving is not high.

giphy.gif

Back