Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

For anyone considering sticking with VMP on a yearly sub, it might not be a bad idea to convert down to a 6 month or 3 month term.

The discount to go for the 12 month subscription is now $10 worse for VMP than it was before on the 3 month and 6 month subs. The month to month is $2 dollars more so that's far and beyond the worst value. Less incentive to go for the yearly term since you're saving less. It's not much but idk how you overlook this when calculating the pricing as a VMP employee. If anything on a price increase, you'd want the incentive to be better or at least the same as before for the longest subscription length.

Old
12 month $435
6 month $237 x 2 = $474 ---- $39 difference
3 month $128 x 4 = $512 ---- $77 difference
1 month $46 x 12 = $552 ---- $117 difference

New
12 month $529
6 month $279 x 2 = $558 ---- $29 difference
3 month $149 x 4 = $596 ---- $67 difference
1 month $54 x 12 = $648 ---- $119 difference

Just don't do this with the original prices. Or do whatever

I found this comment interesting on reddit

It’s cool what Vinyl Moon is doing in promoting indie artists, but looking at their pricing ($39) it’s more than what the previous US annual VMP sub was per record. It’s comical that they take a shot at another company’s pricing strategy when their own company charges at a similar rate.

I think he’s just trying to market his own club to appeal to angry masses, which is great! Business stuff! Go promote! But he admittedly and obviously isn’t facing the same licensing cost issues VMP is seeing, and yet still charges close to them. And that’s ok!

It’s cool what Vinyl Moon is doing in promoting indie artists, but looking at their pricing ($39) it’s more than what the previous US annual VMP sub was per record. It’s comical that they take a shot at another company’s pricing strategy when their own company charges at a similar rate.

I think he’s just trying to market his own club to appeal to angry masses, which is great! Business stuff! Go promote! But he admittedly and obviously isn’t facing the same licensing cost issues VMP is seeing, and yet still charges close to them. And that’s ok!
Is that $39 dollars an annual price though. If not the difference now is $39 compared to new price of $54 (38% higher) plus he said they were about to reduce prices. Im not about to subscribe but it can be seen another way.

The point I foubd interesting that pressing costs do not increase but licensing fees mainly. So basically record companies trying to squeeze a higher share out of vmps earnings

The point I foubd interesting that pressing costs do not increase but licensing fees mainly. So basically record companies trying to squeeze a higher share out of vmps earnings
this is what i said a long time ago and why i think VMP may completely abandon monthly subscriptions. they are a third party that is at the will of record companies and have no real negotiating power. labels know they have to do monthly releases and can basically charge what they want for licensing and VMP has to pay it or have no records of the month.

I thought something didn't sound quite right...

But seriously large amounts of money being siphoned off from Vinyl Me Please. I saw $1.5 million in one place and another $500k in another.
was something like 200k plus paying gary a ton of money before even approaching the board about the idea of a plant...then more after siphoned into receivables so board wouldn't see it.

was something like 200k plus paying gary a ton of money before even approaching the board about the idea of a plant...then more after siphoned into receivables so board wouldn't see it.
I guess I was mistaken that the $1.5 million was them trying to get buy-in and there was no actual proof they could deliver anything from the plant yet. But at that point they were in the red from having already built the thing. Sounds like a "pre-order" situation to me...

I don't know how you recover from this.

Back