Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Me either. Plus it’s worrisome to a certain extent. Swaps have been low supposedly. They scuttled quite a few customers (I know quite a few internationals are left for a bit but I’ve seen quite a few people say there were out now and if it were me, I would do it in such a way that I had the biggest impact) and consolidated two other subs into that track. You would think that they ordered a small amount of this. That being said… Noble Records has certainly proved that there is a kind of fervorish desire for some private press/tiny press items. Maybe there is a larger audience for Stax jug band music than I ever thought. Although, I’m willing to bet that the zine article, the hype machine and the relative lack of it being on streaming lead to a desire to say why not? Plus we know the cultish aspect of their service is strong. I’m glad it’s successful for them, but there is a part of me that wonders if we don’t see a “sell out” every month - with plenty opportunity to swap to it later later or tbt for forever. It just all seems odd to me.
Remember when Little Richard almost sold out. And Junior Wells.
Yeah I thought that when I posted but… there were only five left on Thursday? (Supposedly). And the new cycle shouldn’t launch for 9 days?
I’m still waiting on Rocket To Russia to be shipped so doubt the 5 people figure.

cool piece of history and story behind it. i'd never spin it more than once. no room on the shelves for stuff like that for me.
If it had been a 500 album run store exclusive then I think it would have been a cool little niche release. It is a cool story, it is an interesting album, it wouldn’t ever be pulled from the shelf.

Weirdly though if it had been dropped back in the Wells Fargo, Big Bill Bronzy days then it would have been bang on trend for them. We’d have all been digging it for sure. How times change!

If it had been a 500 album run store exclusive then I think it would have been a cool little niche release. It is a cool story, it is an interesting album, it wouldn’t ever be pulled from the shelf.

Weirdly though if it had been dropped back in the Wells Fargo, Big Bill Bronzy days then it would have been bang on trend for them. We’d have all been digging it for sure. How times change!
yep. i thought it would have been better suited as a store drop, but it does seem like it sold well for them. so we'll see!

I really think the price has a lot to do with it. It’s one thing to blow a twenty on a record like that, it’s a whole other thing to drop $39+

Cheaper here and better variant as usual.

I know they're variants but I've been enjoying these random rock releases.

Back