Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Not only that, but the deal they turned down was a 50% raise and no automation for the next 5 years (which at that point you could threaten another strike to continue the promise). It makes it very hard to have sympathy. I think the government should use Taft-Hartley to make them go back to work, and yes, I am extremely pro Union. Daggett is a MAGA hack and using his role to the detriment of their members to support his Fuhrer.
100%

Has anyone mentioned VMP is shipping socks using Media Mail, a clear violation of Media Mail rules? Including the magazine in the socks shipment (as they did to me) doesn’t save it.

Basically, they didn’t want to spring for the cost of new packaging for socks, so they used vinyl mailers, which would have cost a fortune in shipping using the correct shipping method, and called it media mail.

Has anyone mentioned VMP is shipping socks using Media Mail, a clear violation of Media Mail rules? Including the magazine in the socks shipment (as they did to me) doesn’t save it.

Basically, they didn’t want to spring for the cost of new packaging for socks, so they used vinyl mailers, which would have cost a fortune in shipping using the correct shipping method, and called it media mail.
It’s “padding”.

As someone who occasionally orders band merch along with records from labels and artists directly having a T-Shirt or beer koozie or pair of socks included in the media mail shipping is fairly common and I appreciate not having to pay additional shipping costs.

It’s “padding”.

As someone who occasionally orders band merch along with records from labels and artists directly having a T-Shirt or beer koozie or pair of socks included in the media mail shipping is fairly common and I appreciate not having to pay additional shipping costs.
Yeah, but under the rules of media mail, everything in the package must meet the guidelines. Not for nothing - because the magazine has an ad for Creem in it, it no longer quality es either. Incidental ads have to be for the same company’s product.

Of course it’s against the rule but those rules are often overlooked by vinyl retailers and usually to my benefit so I am not gonna give VMP shit for doing the same thing that many other retailers do.

There is plenty of stuff to clown VMP for, I am not gonna pile on with this.
I’m not piling on to clown them. Just stating some stuff. Technically, we all misuse the service, it was intended to be a discount service for libraries to send media to other libraries.

I used to work in comic books back in the day and got into many a conversation with the post office when they sent something back or demanded postage on something we sent or received. “Comic books have ads.” “Dude this isn’t 1982, there aren’t hasbro ads and x-ray spec order forms.”

Last edited:
Yeah they union boss for the longshormen seems to be flat broke. I usually like unions but this guy seems like a sleezebag. Sorry I don't normally link right wing outlets.

Seeing what the execs of those companies make and the fact that he's leading such a powerful and important union I don't find his compensation egregious at all. If the C suite of a company can make millions a year and have all kinds of perks like bonuses and stock options, the head of a union should be able to make a healthy salary too.

Seeing what the execs of those companies make and the fact that he's leading such a powerful and important union I don't find his compensation egregious at all. If the C suite of a company can make millions a year and have all kinds of perks like bonuses and stock options, the head of a union should be able to make a healthy salary too.
Yeah I mean comparatively to the Jamie Dimons of the world he in not that well compensated. I take issue with that he is big buddies with Trump and seems to be doing this around an election.

Not only that, but the deal they turned down was a 50% raise and no automation for the next 5 years (which at that point you could threaten another strike to continue the promise). It makes it very hard to have sympathy. I think the government should use Taft-Hartley to make them go back to work, and yes, I am extremely pro Union. Daggett is a MAGA hack and using his role to the detriment of their members to support his Fuhrer.
I’m going to take credit that my measured criticism of them convinced them that they were playing politics and needed to go back to work. You all can thank me by DM’ing me Bandcamp gift certificates.

Yeah I mean comparatively to the Jamie Dimons of the world he in not that well compensated. I take issue with that he is big buddies with Trump and seems to be doing this around an election.
Yeah the president of the West Coast Dock Workers Union makes a good amount less which is also more comparable to other major labor unions. The West Coast formed their own union so they could restructure the union in a way that is much more democratic.

Back