Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

VMP really overplayed their hand with the port strike.

"We wanted to provide you with an important update regarding the East Coast port strike that we recently communicated. Today, we’re happy to report that the strike has been suspended, and port operations are resuming.

While this is great news, we’re still awaiting specific information on when affected shipments will arrive. October’s ROTMs (including Essentials & Classics ROTMs) and some store titles were initially held up, and we’ll share more precise shipping updates as soon as we have them.

Please note that orders containing only in-stock items, as well as October Hip-Hop ROTMs, Swaps, and store orders with the direct ship option, are still on track to ship as planned. However, orders, including the impacted titles, will be delayed until those items arrive.

We’re working closely with our vendors to ensure everything is back on schedule quickly. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information on the updated fulfillment timeline.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We truly appreciate your support as we navigate this situation.

Best,
Matt"

"We wanted to provide you with an important update regarding the East Coast port strike that we recently communicated. Today, we’re happy to report that the strike has been suspended, and port operations are resuming.

While this is great news, we’re still awaiting specific information on when affected shipments will arrive. October’s ROTMs (including Essentials & Classics ROTMs) and some store titles were initially held up, and we’ll share more precise shipping updates as soon as we have them.

Please note that orders containing only in-stock items, as well as October Hip-Hop ROTMs, Swaps, and store orders with the direct ship option, are still on track to ship as planned. However, orders, including the impacted titles, will be delayed until those items arrive.

We’re working closely with our vendors to ensure everything is back on schedule quickly. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information on the updated fulfillment timeline.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We truly appreciate your support as we navigate this situation.

Best,
Matt"
Disagree. More communication is always better.

Best,
Matt"
For what it's worth most articles indicate a backlog because of the strike. One indicated a "one week backlog" for every day of the strike.

I'm sure VMP will overplay their hand but that backlog/uncertainty has some truth to it.

They also said they always plan many months in advance to make sure every record is in gosse on time. Or was. Or could be.
Well evidently, stuff has been hitting the port between the 30 and the 4th all year which is why they’ve moved to fulfillment being done by the 20th. Plus since they are actually bundling domestic orders (international still seems to be a clusterfuck of “whatever”), I don’t imagine I will see a shipment arrive by the deadline before my sub ends (unless I some how manage to hit the first week of shipping)

All of them except hip-hop Aotm.
Hip Hop, direct to ship and in stock items should ship. But the problem is that is followed by this sentence…
However, orders, including the impacted titles, will be delayed until those items arrive
I imagine the fact that Storf doesn’t give a fuck about an Oxford comma has something to do with the second and third comma clouding the water as, if you take the descriptor clause out, it says orders will be delayed. If they hadn’t put the fucking commas there, it would probably say what they meant.

Hip Hop, direct to ship and in stock items should ship. But the problem is that is followed by this sentence…

I imagine the fact that Storf doesn’t give a fuck about an Oxford comma has something to do with the second and third comma clouding the water as if you take the descriptor clause out says orders will be delayed. If they hadn’t put the fucking commas there, it would probably say what they meant.

Yup! By the way, since they bundle "every" order now... November shipping.

I imagine the fact that Storf doesn’t give a fuck about an Oxford comma has something to do with the second and third comma clouding the water as, if you take the descriptor clause out, it says orders will be delayed. If they hadn’t put the fucking commas there, it would probably say what they meant.
Can't blame that one on Oxford. There's no series; that's just poor writing. But yes, I think your reading is correct: "orders that include the affected titles will be delayed . . ."

Can't blame that one on Oxford. There's no series; that's just poor writing. But yes, I think your reading is correct: "orders that include the affected titles will be delayed . . ."
I’m not saying it’s an Oxford comma. I’m just saying an attitude, from the former head editor, of Oxford commas are stupid leads to issues in grammar.

Back