Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

But once in the 80s a man in a trenchcoat thought an bag of pears would protect him from the rain… but he only had a trumpet…
which-was-the-style-at-the-time-the-simpsons.png

Also… in defence of the Paragon stuff. The Akiko Mano and Alan Toussaint albums are both absolutely brilliant picks. If they weren’t so eye wateringly expensive I’d have bagged both
Id be absolutely stoked with either as a ROTM. So I’m totally okay if some of the stuff makes it into the main slots as long as the mastering, etc is on par. And yeah, they’re clearly pivoting after they didn’t sell well. Which makes sense-they were overpriced a bit and folks are probably not crazy about the idea of late 2024 pre-orders from them at the moment. I’m all for them focusing a bit

I mean if it wasn’t selling, moving it to rotm doesn’t make any sense. Not selling 1000 copies is way different from running off subscribers and/or a bunch of people swapping - which they have already alluded to being concerned about. {CCD probably should have always been a country album (now I’m thinking this might be their “bluegrass” trio - I’m a have to school Storf if it is)}

I mean, it's clearly not doing numbers because they're over the top expensive. If they were the cost of a swap or an additional sub, they would do much, much better numbers.

I mean, it's clearly not doing numbers because they're over the top expensive. If they were the cost of a swap or an additional sub, they would do much, much better numbers.
The super long preorder window is also a reason why I didn’t order any. I’ll get Toussaint but didn’t wanna buy it now and then have to wait until January or whenever it actually comes out.

Yes. To a certain extent. However, we don’t have the interest on this we thought we did LET’S MAKE MORE!!! Makes absolutely no fucking business sense. So it’s probably what’s happening.

Back