Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Does ikea not ship to your area? Kallax is sturdier than these offerings isn’t it?
i have 25 dollars off and free shipping with target's offering... the ikea near me is an hour away, shipping costs 39 bucks

I literally JUST got a part time job and I have other things I want besides just a kallax (a humminguru, a record pi, a new turntable, a vacation)

Last edited:
i have 25 dollars off and free shipping with target's offering... the ikea near me is an hour away, shipping costs 39 bucks

I literally JUST got a part time job and I have other things I want besides just a kallax (a humminguru, a record pi, a new turntable, a vacation)
I think if you're part of IKEA Family (free) you can get free or cheap shipping for a Kallax

Looks like the minimum is $50 and a 2x2 Kallax would be $45. Throw in a cheap Kallax accessory or something else around $5 and it's all sorted.
the thing is for all my records i'd need to pay for a 4x4 which is 150 bucks... just moving what I have now and getting a 1X4 on the verticle is only 45 bucks.. plus gift card will be 20 bucks for 4 more cubes

A bit of a different storage example, but I have been prepping some records to be easily moved into storage when needed (looking to move at some point) and came across these "Really Useful Boxes". They are really great and fit quite a lot, more than a Kallax cube per box. Just make sure to get the XL ones, which has an increased lid depth to allow for records to fit.

Really Useful Boxes XL

On a side note, I had been looking to get them for a while and noticed several sellers at my local carboot sale using them. I chatted to one of the guys and he gave it a really good review, stacks well and strong.

61RjCnAI3kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A bit of a different storage example, but I have been prepping some records to be easily moved into storage when needed (looking to move at some point) and came across these "Really Useful Boxes". They are really great and fit quite a lot, more than a Kallax cube per box. Just make sure to get the XL ones, which has an increased lid depth to allow for records to fit.

Really Useful Boxes XL

On a side note, I had been looking to get them for a while and noticed several sellers at my local carboot sale using them. I chatted to one of the guys and he gave it a really good review, stacks well and strong.

View attachment 210599
These look great. Nice way to prevent any water damage compared to the cardboard boxes, which I'm always too nervous to stack.

Really Useful Boxes XL

View attachment 210599
nice--i think Container store in the US carries these or something similar.

@Hemotep I've had some thick white cardboard boxes for a few years that i have stacked without issue. Have some Amazon basics metal shelving in my basement to get it off the floor. But these are probably better.

Really Useful Boxes XL

View attachment 210599
Love them. I bought them for my big move, but made the mistake of buying the size up. Made it far too heavy to move!

Really Useful Boxes XL

View attachment 210599
I got three of those in the slimmer version (19L i think) i use for various records and they are really good. A little pricey, though, and hard to get here in denmark. Got two others (low version) i use for all my inner/outer sleeves and the other for misc.

Really Useful Boxes XL

View attachment 210599
I can definitely vouch for these. I have a stack of them in a climate controlled storage unit. They've kept that portion of the collection secure and dust/moisture free since around 2020.

They're also ideal for moves, record shows, pop-ups, etc. if you ever need. The Container Store is where I purchased them and they do have coupons periodically for around 25% off.

Back