Vinyl Storage Recommendation

No Kallax/no party

I’m not familiar with Brimnes, my wife bought some shelves for books in her office that weren’t Kallax and they’re fine for books. There’s no way in fuck I would put records in them though.

I realized after that the Brimnes awkwardly placed on the stack. There are also 2 5x5 Kallax among those boxes. The Brimnes will be going in between them. Plan is to get everything mounted framed and anchored so they ostensibly become a floor to ceiling build-in sitch

So, I’ve now moved… and, does anyone know if putting records in ~9 inch shelving is a potential disaster… or does that work out okay? (Also, @Ethos99 was my very first shipment to the new place! And that is awesome as I’ve been in limbo for 45 days 😂)

View attachment 210070
I’m not sure the depth matters as much as those being adjustable shelves. I imagine that the weight of records will cause stability issues at the contact points on the frame.

So, I’ve now moved… and, does anyone know if putting records in ~9 inch shelving is a potential disaster… or does that work out okay? (Also, @Ethos99 was my very first shipment to the new place! And that is awesome as I’ve been in limbo for 45 days 😂)

View attachment 210070

I’m not sure the depth matters as much as those being adjustable shelves. I imagine that the weight of records will cause stability issues at the contact points on the frame.
If you're the owner then I think it would be fairly easy to put some supports in the middle of each shelf and on the ends. You'll lose a bit of space, but it should protect them from collapsing with the adjustable shelves. Just cut wood to the length you need and you probably don't even need to screw it in, just wedge it in there (unless you own them, then go nuts). I've seen others with some overhang, but usually with one more inch than you've got. I still think it could work so long as you put in those supports for the weight.

Nice! I just picked up a Toyo Y-350 the other day and am still deciding what I want to store in it.
View attachment 210170
The T-190 is gonna store assorted cartridge-related things (stylus brush, overhang gauge, VTA block, etc) and should hopefully fit nice and snug where that stuff is all loosely stored right now. Considered getting something for the record cleaning area too but meh, no rush.

My T-190 came and fits perfectly between the shelves of the 4 shelf Kallax insert. Definitely recommend if anyone is looking for a small, cheap-ish way to store their wares.
I had been looking but before I got too far in my searching, my brother gave me a happy socks box of Beatles socks. Now my little record nick knacks live in it if they aren’t just lying on the top of my amp. lol.

I had been looking but before I got too far in my searching, my brother gave me a happy socks box of Beatles socks. Now my little record nick knacks live in it if they aren’t just lying on the top of my amp. lol.
Yeah this is a total "need" not "want" as everything was previously in a little tray. But it's cleaner and everything is enclosed so I don't have to worry about dropping anything.

Also I got that wrong: "want" not "need." I need more caffeine

Last edited:
Yeah this is a total "need" not "want" as everything was previously in a little tray. But it's cleaner and everything is enclosed so I don't have to worry about dropping anything.

Also I got that wrong: "want" not "need." I need more caffeine
This is said sock box:
IMG_9968.jpeg
IMG_9969.jpeg

I keep my stylus bush and the felt washer to the clamp in a puzzle box, also a gift from my brother (he went to Africa before the Pandemic):
IMG_9970.jpeg

Also, free Knick knack box?
You could always tell Canadian kids with parents who drank because they kept their pencil crayons in a Black Velvet tube and marbles in a Crown Royal bag
141304-big.jpg

custom-bag.png

Back