What's Spinning

When you say 'solid', that means it's a (y) from you? I think I'm gonna go for this 2019 Red pressing because the Closer 2020 reissue is coming out soon and I want to get that! So, I thought to myself "why not get both Joy Division albums on coloured wax". But of course, sound quality is priority!
Yeah, it sounds nice, good bass, quality pressing. I am happy with it.

When you say 'solid', that means it's a (y) from you? I think I'm gonna go for this 2019 Red pressing because the Closer 2020 reissue is coming out soon and I want to get that! So, I thought to myself "why not get both Joy Division albums on coloured wax". But of course, sound quality is priority!

It’s the same master @NathanRicaud so there should be no difference, they just chose to press it in red and an alternate cover for its 40th anniversary. This and the 2015 should sound exactly the same.

It’s the same master @NathanRicaud so there should be no difference, they just chose to press it in red and an alternate cover for its 40th anniversary. This and the 2015 should sound exactly the same.
Really!?! So both pressings contain that 2007 remaster then! Interesting! You’d think for a 40th anniversary pressing they would have it remastered, especially as the 2015 reissue wasn’t remastered! 🤔🤯

Thanks for the info! I think I’ll just grab the 2015 Rhino reissues then, for both Unknown Pleasures and Closer ☺️👍

So what’s your opinion on those 2015 Rhino pressings of Unknown Pleasures and Closer? Do you think they sound magnificent?

So what’s your opinion on those 2015 Rhino pressings of Unknown Pleasures and Closer? Do you think they sound magnificent?

Yeah they’re good, I’m happy with them. I have that white cover red vinyl of Unknown Pleasures because my traditional black cover one is from the early 80s, I want a 1979 OG eventually, but all the rest I bought in 2015 and I’m really happy with them.

Yeah they’re good, I’m happy with them. I have that white cover red vinyl of Unknown Pleasures because my traditional black cover one is from the early 80s, I want a 1979 OG eventually, but all the rest I bought in 2015 and I’m really happy with them.
I want a 1979 Original UK pressing of Unknown Pleasures too! From looking at reviews, the original UK pressings are the best sounding versions of the album!

How does this pressing of 'Unknown Pleasures' sound? From researching, it seems to be a really good sounding pressing but there are some complaints on Discogs. Do you recommend this pressing?

I'm looking at the Rhino 2015 reissue, which was the 2007 remaster, which apparently sounds good too. But something tells me that this pressing in superior in sound quality!
Yeah, it sounds nice, good bass, quality pressing. I am happy with it.

I think it sounds great. Cheers!

My collection #605-606

Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
Francis The Great

One of the great albums (although I'd never noticed till today that this Dutch pressing doesn't have the correct title), and a real oddity. I was sent this for free by one of main African sellers and the singer is this 7yo kid. The vocals are horrible but the music is funky and fortunately he doesn't sing much.

20200616_200831.jpg

20200616_192141.jpg

20200616_192156.jpg

Back