What's Spinning

0616201557_HDR.jpg

Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath (1984)

@nolalady said I get to buy records today, and ohhhh, damn, did I find a great one!

This was in my status today, but I went into a local used bookstore (with a mask!) today that sells records. Their records are usually horribly overpriced and beat to shit, even though the album selection is solid. I usually avoid it like the plague.

But I was in that area today, and I stopped in. Then, I saw this beauty. Easy VG+ copy all around, with the original inner, for $50. I passed on a copy of this on vacation last year for $70. No way I was letting this one get by me again!

And shit, this sounds incredible. This might even be better than Melissa (which, coincidentally, I also have an OG copy of that I also got for well below market value). Such a legendary album from the pioneers of black metal! A little birthday present for myself! (partially using money my mom gave me)

Hope everyone else is doing well on this fine day! 🤘

2020 Complete Collection Play Through: Album #246
John Coltrane ‎– Blue Train
Blue Note ‎[BLP 1577] 2014
View attachment 52276
Also played through a bunch of my Coltrane albums while working this morning too. We must be on the same wavelength. Done with work so here's what I'm playing now. 6 degrees of separation - how did I get from Coltrane to LDR. Even I don't know!

IMG_20200616_175728.jpg

Back