What's Spinning

Well if you had made it clearer to me how much I liked Alice earlier, I might have two less third man pressings (jk, thanks, also not really kidding but not frothy about it)
Sorry/not sorry! Alice is still Alice, in any format - glad they’re getting her stuff back in print either way and glad you’ve been picking it up

IMG_8433.jpeg
Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio

This is the new VBR. Kev Reeves cut. Of the three of the series I have, this is the most dynamic. It still doesn’t sound “right.” Like the piano isn’t as rich or full as I would expect. It also seems like what ever tape was used was wrecked like they should give it to Peter Jackson. The vinyl seems flat and there is no vinyl surface noise just some tape hiss.

Full disclosure this is not a dedicated listen and I hope to give it a headphone listen tonight. I also have no other pressings to compare it to. Would give it a B-.

Edit… just got to side two and it has a slight dish warp.

Last edited:
IMG_3506.jpeg

Been liking this Australian Psych band Robot God. Nice artwork. Solid guitar, bass, and drumming all around. Grabbed all 3 of their full LPs from their label- Germany’s Kozmik Artifactz. Label KA boxed the 3 vinyl very well to survive international shipping to USA.

Back