Wilco (The Thread)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
Sky Blue Sky #1 is a choice, otherwise I don’t have too many quibbles with the general order

Sky Blue Sky #1 is a choice, otherwise I don’t have too many quibbles with the general order
I think a Ghost Is Born doesn’t belong anywhere outside of the top 5 (it would be top 3 for me). Also having Wilco (The Album) at the bottom of the list when they have Sky Blue Sky at number 1 seems odd. I agree that SKB is a better album but the two are similar enough in style, SBS, just has better songs; that if the author is ranking SBS #1 then Wilco (the album) I would suspect would be rank quite a bit higher.

There are several other quibbles I have with the bottom portion of the list, also on the decision to include the collaborative albums but not side projects. This list seems designed to stir controversy and I fell into the trap.

I think a Ghost Is Born doesn’t belong anywhere outside of the top 5 (it would be top 3 for me). Also having Wilco (The Album) at the bottom of the list when they have Sky Blue Sky at number 1 seems odd. I agree that SKB is a better album but the two are similar enough in style, SBS, just has better songs; that if the author is ranking SBS #1 then Wilco (the album) I would suspect would be rank quite a bit higher.

There are several other quibbles I have with the bottom portion of the list, also on the decision to include the collaborative albums but not side projects. This list seems designed to stir controversy and I fell into the trap.
I’d have The Ghost Is Born somewhere between 4 and 6, so it’s not too egregious in my book, but I get it. I agree that having Wilco (the album) near the bottom seemed strange as well.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
Idk...if 'The Whole Love' and A Ghost is Born' were swapped, I wouldn't have too much of an issue with this list.

It probably wouldn't be my #1, but those 5 in a row they had are all pretty equally great to me. After that it's a free for all.
Sky Blue Sky is a fantastic album but it’s missing the experimentation that made those previous 4 records so special. For me, I YHF is the apex with the two albums on either side sitting on the upslope and downslope positions respectively.

Sky Blue Sky is a fantastic album but it’s missing the experimentation that made those previous 4 records so special. For me, I YHF is the apex with the two albums on either side sitting on the upslope and downslope positions respectively.
Since no one asked, I have YHF #1, Summerteeth #2, Sky Blue Sky #3

Back