Audio Killed the Visual Star: The August 2023 Vinyl Challenge

Day 13: BREAK: play a record featuring an established tv actor

The Stooges - Funhouse
IMG_6371.jpeg

The Adventures of Pete & Pete had more than it’s fair share of music related cameos. Stooges frontman Iggy Pop had recurring role as James “Pop” Mechlanberg, the Wrigley’s neighbor and Nora’s (little Pete’s best friend) father.
IMG_6372.gif

Day 14: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Earth - The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull
View attachment 180147
Much like Earthbenders use geokinetic ability to manipulated earth and rock in all their various forms, the band Earth use heavy droning riffs to bend space and time…
Dddx
Weed helps too.

I was reading about these guys this morning!

Day 16: The Critic

Belle & Sebastian - If You’re Feeling Sinister
IMG_6375.jpeg

I loved The Critic, Jon Lovitz, Jay Sherman was a great character. I chose this record because of two tracks, the first being “Like Dylan In The Movies” because obviously Jay’s a movie critic. The second is “Judy and The Dream of Horses” because it reminds me of Jay’s 16 year old younger sister, Margo who was a mopey teen that enjoyed riding horses.
IMG_6376.jpeg

I was reading about them on this Brazilian book/film/music blog, the guy there called them "the kings of drone", talked about a new live album they put out, mentioned the album you played and threw on this link:

The mastermind of Earth, Dylan Carlson was one of Kurt Cobain’s best friends, sadly he purchased the shotgun Kurt used in his suicide for Cobain.

Back