Definitive Audiophile pressings

Not that it really means anything, but the Brilliant Corners I was erroneously sent weighs in at just over 180 Grams - and not the 150 that is on the Discogs page - or even the Acoustic Sounds page which calls it a 140/150 gram release.

I know it's not any of the other 180 gram releases they list, so not sure if it's just some manufacturing variation.

Not that it really means anything, but the Brilliant Corners I was erroneously sent weighs in at just over 180 Grams - and not the 150 that is on the Discogs page - or even the Acoustic Sounds page which calls it a 140/150 gram release.

I know it's not any of the other 180 gram releases they list, so not sure if it's just some manufacturing variation.
They are constantly repressing these, so not shocked if they have a few different weights.

Curious how you weigh them?

Not a firm believer vinyl weight really matters, but just curious what you use at home.

Yeah - I'm not really either, but when a release is marketed as "150g" and this is noticeable heavier, then it doesn't help when trying to find what you have.

View attachment 206238

View attachment 206239
I usually just match the deadwax and if there are multiples then I go from there. I don't really bother with the weight unless it's one of the entries. I know people probably will add a new discogs entry though.

Hey, wanna sell a lot of Little Feat records? How’s about we release a fiftieth anniversary deluxe and as we are shipping those out, we’ll announce one of these fancy hifi records.

Why would people buy the hifi one?

Because we’ll do the deluxe at MRP.

Do it!

I just posted the new Liquid Mike LP in the "not definitive audiophile but great sounding" thread, but it sounds so good, I wanted to make sure the folks on here saw it too.

I just posted the new Liquid Mike LP in the "not definitive audiophile but great sounding" thread, but it sounds so good, I wanted to make sure the folks on here saw it too.

I think it probably the Definitive Audiophile Pressing at this point.

Back