Definitive Audiophile pressings

[looks around, makes sure he’s in the right place]
I don’t need audiophile pressings of ZZ Top’s first two records. I have a copy of the KPG RTI pressing of Tres Hombres. I would probably buy a $40 copy of Fandango if they ever break this out but beyond that I think I am sitting this one out.

It’s reasonably priced though for those who are big fans of ZZ Top’s early albums.
You're really going to miss out on that slipmat? Smh

Either way I don't really care. The more success of the series, the more titles we'll get with this level of treatment. The vinyl "investors" who just want to let them get dusty and left unopened on their shelf can get f'ed. Sure it would be nice if they were upfront and honest about pressing plans, but all that should really matter is if you want the record that you get a copy. The rest is just noise that interrupts the music.
I'm with you 100%. Sell them as unnumbered, or use the plates for SYEOR with cheaper jackets at a cheaper price, etc. Don't care--more people getting the music the better..

It's just a weird vibe with some people over there who want them to be re-pressed simply to say "I told you so" and shit on Rhino.

While we are talking about people parts in records, nothing tops this:

Some bands have made them with piss in them too hah.

My favorite is the Flaming Lips blood record that they had to hand deliver because you can't ship you know, human blood in the mail.

My only issue with SHF (and ASR) is how hard it is to get a straight answer.

Someone will be like "How to tame sibilance?" and someone will be like "Is your house southern-facing? What's the average humidity between 3:37 p.m. and 7:01 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every month? Only then can we answer these questions."

Also the classical music thread on SHF has ignored me pretty much every time I ask newbie questions there so FUCK EM

Someone will be like "How to tame sibilance?" and someone will be like "Is your house southern-facing? What's the average humidity between 3:37 p.m. and 7:01 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every month? Only then can we answer these questions."

Also the classical music thread on SHF has ignored me pretty much every time I ask newbie questions there so FUCK EM
I have seen that first thing happen over there a lot, which is partially why I never made an account. It was too intimidating for a vinyl newb years ago. Happy I found my group of cool folks over here.

Do we have a classical thread? That might be cool. I only follow the SHF classical mega-box thread (mostly for deals), but I imagine that the classical threads on SHF are like the organissimo forum for jazz (not fun).

Back