Definitive Audiophile pressings

Anyone get this one?

The strings sound absolutely insane!
Matt cut it directly which is unique about this release: it is not cut from the stereo mix tapes, but is cut *directly* from the multitrack session tapes, mixed down to stereo "live" to the lathe, while cutting the lacquer.

For under $30 and pressed at QRP. Incredible deal IMO.

20240725_152010.jpg

Anyone get this one?

Matt cut it directly which is unique about this release: it is not cut from the stereo mix tapes, but is cut *directly* from the multitrack session tapes, mixed down to stereo "live" to the lathe, while cutting the lacquer.

View attachment 210291
Haven’t had a chance to spin yet! It’s in my cleaning stack.

Anyone get this one?

View attachment 210291
I didn’t get this one, but I’m stoked for the Albert King coming up in this series.

I've got the AAA Pure Pleasure KPG Hoffman Skip James RTI from 2006, it's fantastic. I'm a bit curious about the new one but I just can't see it being much better. But it's only $36 CAD so...
Comment on the PP cogs page.

"The new Bluesville cut directly from the 4 track master is so much better than the already good one referenced here."

We need you to verify whether this guys ears actually work or he's blowing smoke. 😬

"The new Bluesville cut directly from the 4 track master is so much better than the already good one referenced here."

We need you to verify whether this guys ears actually work or he's blowing smoke. 😬
I can see it being better by a little bit but that PP is dead quiet and sounds great, so I'd be pretty shocked if it was THAT much of a difference. But I'll grab it and have a listen next week.

I can see it being better by a little bit but that PP is dead quiet and sounds great, so I'd be pretty shocked if it was THAT much of a difference. But I'll grab it and have a listen next week.
By my estimation after spending too much time on discogs and various forums, a 1% increase in sound quality of a reissue over a previous issue means that the reissue “blows away” previous presses.

Pull the trigger!

Some people reporting they have Skip on side A but Jimmy Reed on side B, so with @Mather ’s luck that’s the copy he’d get

Back