Definitive Audiophile pressings

Do we have a classical thread? That might be cool. I only follow the SHF classical mega-box thread (mostly for deals), but I imagine that the classical threads on SHF are like the organissimo forum for jazz (not fun).

Full disclosure, while I listen to a lot of classical and own quite a bit on cd (I think two cubes of vinyl), I don’t like the vinyl format for classical for a myriad of reasons.

For the record, you only need to say "for myriad reasons." Myriad literally means "ten thousand," if that helps make it easier to remember (e.g. you just said "for a ten thousand of reasons").

This is a big pet peeve. No I will not change. Yes I'm fun at parties.
I’ve known about this for like ten years but it still feels wrong to say it the right way. Adding the a flows better. I like to think myriad means “shit ton” and I’m just saying a shit ton. I also just avoid the word entirely because it’s overused

For the record, you only need to say "for myriad reasons." Myriad literally means "ten thousand," if that helps make it easier to remember (e.g. you just said "for a ten thousand of reasons").

For the record, you only need to say “means.” Adding “literally” is unnecessary.

:p

My thoughts… I now have two myriads of shit to chew on. Y’all have convinced me to use vinyls moving forward. Also melt, face, and drop are all over used.
pile_of_shit.gif

There's a comment from Hoffman that his cuts with boom boom on ZZT were all flat transfers because that's what Eff Chad demanded. Sounds like the new Rhino cuts could be quiet different.

I've been wanting to try a Nagaoka cartridge 5ever and the 200 seems like a good entry point. The tension right now is between waiting to see if this is a temporary blip in the rise of the Yen, or buy now assuming this is as low as it gets for a while.

Back