Definitive Audiophile pressings

the no tax thing is state by state basis, but plaidroom has free shipping over $50, doesn't charge me sales tax and has 15% off sales a few times a year. there are others too but can't be giving up all my spots because then when i go to buy stuff it's all gone :)
The STP disappeared so fast last time. May have been only 1-2 copies available.
I wouldn't count on it there but I wish you best of luck.

Can I offer you a really nice 33 set?

Yep but you want best sounding that’s probably it. My reissue sounds…dull, which is too bad for such a great album.

I've specifically been waiting for a remaster on this one, kinda surprised there's been nothing yet.

Yeah might just wait and see. Seems like it should be a matter of when not if but if I win the lotto tomorrow (or get the reward for leading the mounties to a certain lair in a basement...) I'll snag that og

Any insight on the best (not $100+) sounding copy of Neil Young's On The Beach? The 2016 copy seems to be good enough for me at ~$30, but not sure if there's anything else out there within the same ballpark that's a better fit?
I’d imagine that 2016 copy is sufficient (AAA too?) though I’ve never heard it. US originals sound amazing though. I have a solid copy that I’ve had in my collection for a long time. I think it was actually my first Neil Young record I ever purchased. I don’t think it should be too expensive to find one in VG+ condition for around $30 unless the album blew up in price in the past few years. One of those sorts of albums that you show people what vinyl is all about. I literally just played the record yesterday afternoon after NPR featured a review on the album of all things.

I’d imagine that 2016 copy is sufficient (AAA too?) though I’ve never heard it. US originals sound amazing though. I have a solid copy that I’ve had in my collection for a long time. I think it was actually my first Neil Young record I ever purchased. I don’t think it should be too expensive to find one in VG+ condition for around $30 unless the album blew up in price in the past few years. One of those sorts of albums that you show people what vinyl is all about. I literally just played the record yesterday afternoon after NPR featured a review on the album of all things.
I have the 2016 version and it sounds good, like most of the NY reissues. A Bellman / Pallas joint

Back