Definitive Audiophile pressings

Sitting here with the two new (to me) Beatles 2014 mono cuts.

With The Beatles has some of the best vinyl pressing you could expect from Optimal.
Dead quite. Recording is great. Pretty light on the low end spectrum. Vocals and cymbals sound great.

Revolver has more noise in the vinyl. Several pops. I'm going to dump more IPA in the US next time and hand scrub it a bit more with some good stuff. Regardless, the tracks sound amazing. Full and large soundstage. Definitely a lot more bottom end to go round on this one.

Sitting here with the two new (to me) Beatles 2014 mono cuts.

With The Beatles has some of the best vinyl pressing you could expect from Optimal.
Dead quite. Recording is great. Pretty light on the low end spectrum. Vocals and cymbals sound great.

Revolver has more noise in the vinyl. Several pops. I'm going to dump more IPA in the US next time and hand scrub it a bit more with some good stuff. Regardless, the tracks sound amazing. Full and large soundstage. Definitely a lot more bottom end to go round on this one.
Revolver sounds great but it was literally the only one I ever had trouble getting a clean copy of. Took me three copies. I’m still kicking myself that I never picked up Magical Mystery Tour (already have a clean US OG mono). It went OOP shortly after I bought all the other monos I needed and quickly went to $100+ per copy. It’s my only hole in the mono collection.

Revolver sounds great but it was literally the only one I ever had trouble getting a clean copy of. Took me three copies. I’m still kicking myself that I never picked up Magical Mystery Tour (already have a clean US OG mono). It went OOP shortly after I bought all the other monos I needed and quickly went to $100+ per copy. It’s my only hole in the mono collection.
Gotta believe this metal is just sitting.
They don't even have to break out the tapes.

Yeah the Sabbath unnumbered are up for pre order on the Canada site so I imagine the ZZ isn't far behind. I think I'm fine with the VMP RKS either way.

Im interested in the other four at some point in the future. They are not priority items for me. I’m very happy with my Boom Boom jalapeño Tres.
They're all great, but if nothing else Fandango! is worth grabbing in this version.

Wtf?

mofi.com

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas

Sourced from the original master tapes, pressed at Fidelity Record Pressing, and strictly limited to 3,000 numbered copies, the pioneering label’s UltraDisc One-Step 180g 33RPM LP set of Merry Christmas plays with superb detail, depth, and dimensionality. Available in audiophile quality for the...
mofi.com

mofi.com

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas

Sourced from the original master tapes, pressed on Mobile Fidelity SuperVinyl at Fidelity Record Pressing, and strictly limited to 4,000 numbered copies, the pioneering label’s 180g 45RPM 2LP set of Merry Christmas plays with riveting detail, depth, and dimensionality. Available in audiophile...
mofi.com

Back