Definitive Audiophile pressings

A/B of the Double Sided RL vs Marino

I always thought the GM sounded ok but something was missing.

The RL killed it but I had to go back a few times to confirm. Sounds 2-3 generations closer to the tape now. Everything is much more realistic including the bell on the opening track.

RL kicks ass again. I think he's pretty much undefeated on my system.

I paid $35 for the RL and $22 for the GM.

20240831_201121.jpg

A/B of the Double Sided RL vs Marino

I always thought the GM sounded ok but something was missing.

The RL killed it but I had to go back a few times to confirm. Sounds 2-3 generations closer to the tape now. Everything is much more realistic including the bell on the opening track.

RL kicks ass again. I think he's pretty much undefeated on my system.

I paid $35 for the RL and $22 for the GM.

View attachment 212523
Outstanding!

Do you happen to have a link for the RL on Discogs?

Sleuthing my version and think I might have the same…sounds great. I will eat the world after listening to the first side…and if it isn’t now I want the bestest version ever!

Anyone own this and care to comment on quality?

I dont but have heard good things about it and Mr Bongo typically tends to produce great sounding records.

On a side note (bragging), I was lucky enough to see Ebo Taylor perform live a few weeks ago. Incredible musician!

I dont but have heard good things about it and Mr Bongo typically tends to produce great sounding records.

On a side note (bragging), I was lucky enough to see Ebo Taylor perform live a few weeks ago. Incredible musician!
Thanks for the info! Think I may pick this one up, its such a pleasant record.

I got to see him a few years back in LA and that show was an absolute blast and they played FOREVER. I think they played for 3 hours straight lol. I was so tired from dancing the whole time.

I know this is obviously very subjective but... Are there any good pressings of Definitely Maybe?

The 20th anniversary is a decent pressing. They uses the same master for the 25th and new 30th but I can’t speak to the pressings for the later ones. There is no master, and likely will never be a master, that isn’t compressed because it was done during mixing and that’s just the sound they were going for.

Ok I need some advice.

I've got $57 in music direct credit.

Current thoughts is between Billy Joel 52nd Street MoFi or Miles Davis Round About Midnight super vinyl.

Other options are the other billy joel albums that music direct is price gouging on, like Songs in the Attic.

Thoughts/opinions?

Back