Definitive Audiophile pressings

Used to have al up to 52nd street....lost them (or got rid o f them) in the great shut down and purging of the mid 2000's......in any event, only one i would consider bringing back would be Turnstiles. Start to finish Joel perfection.

Would have greatly preferred G.P. as I don’t believe that one has seen a recent audiophile reissue and I need it. The VMP Grevious Angel was great, so I don’t think I need to double dip here.
It's like they have no situational awareness of the people they just gave a license to.
I don't know how many VMP pressed but that surely took out a large section of sales opportunity.

Rhino is an odd bird...

I like "Las Vegas" but not sure I'm ready to go in on this album.
So much other stuff available today and this one will be available for a good while.

It's like they have no situational awareness of the people they just gave a license to.
I don't know how many VMP pressed but that surely took out a large section of sales opportunity.

Rhino is an odd bird...

So much other stuff available today and this one will be available for a good while.
I feel like a lot of the reissue labels are like this. Take Johnny Cash’s At Folsom Prison, VMP, Mofi and regular reissues all came within a year or two of each other. There’s many other albums from artists like this that deserve quality treatment.

Rhino is an odd bird...

It is a great album, I find most Gram Parsons pretty essential (which is why G.P. is high on my list, I have every other studio album he made during his lifetime on vinyl).

Back