Definitive Audiophile pressings

These albums were cut for vinyl from the original master tapes using a completely analog signal path and with constant reference to first generation pressings of the original albums. They were made using a Studer A80 master recorder with analog preview & program paths, and an Neumann VMS70 cutting lathe originally installed in Capitol Studios in 1971. This specific all-analog cutting technique allows faithful representation of the full musical range and dynamics present on the original tapes.

They are also mono.

Who are AAA beatles reissues for, he asks. This is gonna sell like crazy. This leaked yesterday and 20 pages about it on hoffman already.
I guess to rephrase my question: why do Beatles people need the same albums for the fortieth time?

These albums were cut for vinyl from the original master tapes using a completely analog signal path and with constant reference to first generation pressings of the original albums. They were made using a Studer A80 master recorder with analog preview & program paths, and an Neumann VMS70 cutting lathe originally installed in Capitol Studios in 1971. This specific all-analog cutting technique allows faithful representation of the full musical range and dynamics present on the original tapes.

They are also mono.

Who are AAA beatles reissues for, he asks. This is gonna sell like crazy. This leaked yesterday and 20 pages about it on hoffman already.
I am sure these will sound great but I just don’t care enough about the Capitol titles. I am sure completists will eat this up though.

I guess to rephrase my question: why do Beatles people need the same albums for the fortieth time?
I don't know much about the state of the mono Capitol titles and reissues (when was the last AAA reissue of them in mono?). This will get buyers to get clean AAA reissues of titles in nice jackets or mono for the first time, get speculators to get buy it thinking that they will go up in value like the beatles mono box, get collectors to catch em all. will also get people who wanna compare stereo + mono, or new cuts to old cuts. pretty big market for this IMO.

I don't know much about the state of the mono Capitol titles and reissues (when was the last AAA reissue of it?). This will get buyers to get clean AAA reissues of titles in nice jackets or mono for the first time, get speculators to get buy it thinking that they will go up in value like the beatles mono box, get collectors to catch em all.
The Capital titles have not been reissued on mono Vinyl since before the original CDs.

I don't know much about the state of the mono Capitol titles and reissues (when was the last AAA reissue of them in mono?). This will get buyers to get clean AAA reissues of titles in nice jackets or mono for the first time, get speculators to get buy it thinking that they will go up in value like the beatles mono box, get collectors to catch em all. will also get people who wanna compare stereo + mono, or new cuts to old cuts. pretty big market for this IMO.
Let me mock Beatles dorks in peace!

I wanted to check before I definitively said this, but I do not believe the Capital albums have been reissued on vinyl at all since the original CD run of the Beatles catalog in 1987.
Correct, there was a CD box set that has faded into obscurity, as outside the USA, and even within, there is a fairly narrow market.

First, the 'original master tapes' and a hodge-podge of dubs from second generation (at best) tape copies, then 'Dexterized' for radio play and young american girls - the prime market at the time.

They are also a hodge podge of tracks that, aside from the first album, is disjointed and just weird.

There is always a frenzy on the ShitTV forum about the Beatles, understandably, their membership must be mostly in rocking chairs or assisted living communities. There are pages of angst from these morons about the sticker on the tape boxes that says '32bit/192kHz digitally archived' which they don't understand is on virtually every EMI tape box to note that the contents have been backed up to the highest resolution avaiable at the time.

This comes across as a stop-gap market placeholder to satisfy Christmas sales in America, while Giles completes work on Rubber Soul and preceding titles.

If you want the Beatles catalog hacked up and mastered from copies of tapes, then having a heavy dose of reverb smothered all over them to produce an even further removed generation tape, go for it if it helps you relive your youth.

I pass. This will not sell well relaive to other Beatles product, as the market outside the U.S. is smaller, and even in the U.S., I would imagine many who have the authentic Beatles catalog, particularly the mono set, may pass, as I will.

And I'm ok with that. My wife is sick of the Beatles.

Back