Definitive Audiophile pressings

I feel like a lot of the reissue labels are like this. Take Johnny Cash’s At Folsom Prison, VMP, Mofi and regular reissues all came within a year or two of each other. There’s many other albums from artists like this that deserve quality treatment.

Idk a ton about how mastering works but could it be a case of the masters being removed already so they're more willing to pass them around before re-archiving?

Any recs for:

- Neil Young - “Harvest”
- Santana - “Santana”
- Santana - “Abraxas”
- The Mamas and the Papas - “The Mamas and the Papas Deliver”

These are all easy finds at shops but looking to get the best sounding (and affordable) pressings of these staples.

Any recs for:

- Neil Young - “Harvest”
- Santana - “Santana”
- Santana - “Abraxas”

These are all easy finds at shops but looking to get the best sounding (and affordable) pressings of these staples.
The Harvest Boxset sounds fantastic. Pretty much all Neil Young reissues are top notch.

I know MoFi is repressing Abraxas and if I recall that was cream of the crop when Mike from In Groove was comparing copies.

Any recs for:

- Neil Young - “Harvest”
- Santana - “Santana”
- Santana - “Abraxas”

Those are the two hardest Japanese Santana's to find clean at a reasonable price, but it can be done on record city. The MoFis are very good, but I think the ogs sound better personally.

Original Lee Hulko cut of harvest is the best, but that can be hard to find dead silent copy of (some songs on that album really demand a silent background). The Chris Bellman reissue that is common and in print is fantastic, can't go wrong with any of the NY reissues.

It's hard to find a bad sounding copy of Abraxas. Originals (esp. Santa Maria pressings) are fantastic, and the 70s represses are all fantastic too and really cheap.

new AAA Beatles Capitol box set coming soon.

Full_Visual_2.jpg

If the red/blue Beatles releases were any indication, $300 seems low.

Also with how many Beatles records are out there, who the fuck is this for?
These albums were cut for vinyl from the original master tapes using a completely analog signal path and with constant reference to first generation pressings of the original albums. They were made using a Studer A80 master recorder with analog preview & program paths, and an Neumann VMS70 cutting lathe originally installed in Capitol Studios in 1971. This specific all-analog cutting technique allows faithful representation of the full musical range and dynamics present on the original tapes.

They are also mono.

Who are AAA beatles reissues for, he asks. This is gonna sell like crazy. This leaked yesterday and 20 pages about it on hoffman already.

Back