Definitive Audiophile pressings

I have this ‘64 stereo. I waited a while to find a minty copy at a good price, and they will come. It’s really great sounding — it’s alive (and live, of course) — and does not need to cost a lot if you’re patient (and I’m rarely patient, so this was a good find for me)
I’ve got a different 64:

Cheap and sounds good just a little noisy. It works just want a reissue but seems like there hasn’t been a good one since the ORG/BG one in 2010

I’ve got a different 64:

Cheap and sounds good just a little noisy. It works just want a reissue but seems like there hasn’t been a good one since the ORG/BG one in 2010
Makes sense. My tastes have evolved in past year or so for whatever reasons. The modern reissues sound amazing but are more clinical/refined than what I’ve been gravitating to. Of course, for many titles I’m interested in (for the most part, jazz is all I buy on vinyl; i stream or CD almost everything else), there’s not much choice bc anything other than a modern reissue that’s also good sounding costs a fortune.

So I have a lot of modern reissues and will continue to buy them, but for a title like this that’s still cheap heat, I prefer the livelier sound w/ some imperfections of an older press. My copy is pretty quiet, though, and I paid $14.99 total (incl shipping) and would never replace it w/ a modern reissue.

Makes sense. My tastes have evolved in past year or so for whatever reasons. The modern reissues sound amazing but are more clinical/refined than what I’ve been gravitating to. Of course, for many titles I’m interested in (for the most part, jazz is all I buy on vinyl; i stream or CD almost everything else), there’s not much choice bc anything other than a modern reissue that’s also good sounding costs a fortune.

So I have a lot of modern reissues and will continue to buy them, but for a title like this that’s still cheap heat, I prefer the livelier sound w/ some imperfections of an older press. My copy is pretty quiet, though, and I paid $14.99 total (incl shipping) and would never replace it w/ a modern reissue.
Yeah this was $10 and it sounds absolutely fine it’s just for the occasional jump scare pop. I usually only chase newer clean copies of stuff I listen to on repeat. Tender Moments was a recent “upgrade” for similar reasons.

These crap tapes are in the U.S. so it makes sense they would be cut there, and the distinguished Kevin Reeves because they are probably being pressed at the worst, cheapest plant - United.

but.....

The albums’ new vinyl lacquers were cut by Kevin Reeves at Nashville’s East Iris Studios with constant reference to the original vinyl first pressings to ensure they are faithful to the original release, while also enabling more musical information to be heard than was possible before.

😂

WELCOME20 gives you 20% off on thesoundofvinyl.us btw. should work on breakouts + box if anybody for some reason wants this set
Box says it is not a part of discounts. Also 20% ain’t gonna cut it here. I’m not spending more on this than I did the other box (my deal was $120)

Back