Definitive Audiophile pressings

I will share this here as well as the records in the Volume 2 set are top notch.

The latest in the Blue Note Review series (Volume 3) has been announced as being an artist focused set with Lee Morgan being the star - “Truly Madly DeepLee Morgan”

View attachment 216023
You seem like the person to ask, I thought the bent trumpet was unique to Dizzy Gillespie? I didn’t realize that Lee Morgan also played with a bent horn. What this more common than I was led to believe?

You seem like the person to ask, I thought the bent trumpet was unique to Dizzy Gillespie? I didn’t realize that Lee Morgan also played with a bent horn. What this more common than I was led to believe?
Good observation! Morgan played in Dizzy Gillespie's band as a teenager and was gifted a bent horn by Gillespie. He played it on a few sessions later on as well, including Art Blakey's Moanin if memory serves me.

I have this 2015 Bellman/RTI pressing and it's really good. It does have bad reviews on Cogs, but I'm a little sus about that considering the 2018 got good reviews and it's a repress of the 2015. Live or Die by Cogs ;)
I think discogs reviews are a decent indication of quality control (scratched records, warps, off center, etc) but I tend to not take too much stock in their reviews of sound quality. Too many variables for that to be a consistent measure.

Back